Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i Have a 1999 Yamaha raodstar 1600
The problem i'm having is it acts like it runs out of gas and shuts down then restarts and runs fine again
some days it won't fail but hear recently it has gotten worse can't trust it
so far I have rebuilt the carb new seals in intake manifold checked pet cock no clogs tank drains to empty no problem fuel is steadily getting to carb
Motorcycle will idle for excessive amount of time and then just die and then restart ?
Does anyone have a electrical idea of were I should start ? Checking im convinced the fuel isn't the problem.!

Moderators note:
I moved your post to it's own thread.
It was not in a good place where you originally put it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i Have a 1999 Yamaha raodstar 1600
The problem i'm having is it acts like it runs out of gas and shuts down then restarts and runs fine again
some days it won't fail but hear recently it has gotten worse can't trust it
so far I have rebuilt the carb new seals in intake manifold checked pet cock no clogs tank drains to empty no problem fuel is steadily getting to carb
Motorcycle will idle for excessive amount of time and then just die and then restart ?
Does anyone have a electrical idea of were I should start ? Checking im convinced the fuel isn't the problem.!

Moderators note:
I moved your post to it's own thread.
It was not in a good place where you originally put it.
it sounds electrical. put a multimeter on the computers inlet power and one on coil power. i believe the 1600 is efi. so computer is either loosing power or a signal of some sort. is the check engine light on? if not i think its power related. if it is, it will tell you where to look if you check codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts