Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i have a c109r that is decked out like a c109rt. after a few rides with my buddies (who have touring bikes) i realized how much i would like nice sounding system on my bike. i would like a nice chrome pair of speakers that dont look too bulky or intrusive. for the radio, a docking station for a mp3 or equivalent is also what im looking for. i've see some pics on line...can't really tell what is junk and what is good. ive also seen some with a control (volume, station, etc.) pad installed on left handle bar. some have docking station on right side instead of the middle to leave room for windshield bag.

balance between quality and cost is a must because i do have to justify this with the wife (haha). SO MY QUESTION IS THIS....anyone out there have a system on their cruiser? and what type, kind......easy to install? what should i look for? stay away from? i do have a big engine with cobras installed, so needs to have enough power to easily overcome bike noise.

any and all tips and information is appreciated......THANK YOU

·
Registered
104 Posts
Think about buying one of those communications headsets that you can plug your mp3 player into. Easier to install, easier to use, and you don't have to worry about it being loud enough to overcome exhaust sound since you listen through earplugs / earphones.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Think about buying one of those communications headsets that you can plug your mp3 player into. Easier to install, easier to use, and you don't have to worry about it being loud enough to overcome exhaust sound since you listen through earplugs / earphones.
THAT is not a bad idea! Any suggestion on where to get them from?

·
Registered
270 Posts
THAT is not a bad idea! Any suggestion on where to get them from?
I carry the Scale Q2 Feeling is it is one of the best out there if you do some searches,. You will receive 10% off with coupon code MJF10 and free shipping.

Check it out.
TECHNCYCLE GEAR LLC : Cardo Bluetooth Headsets

Also you will get bluetooth to your phone if your buddies invest in some you can connect to two additional cardo's and have communication between bikes plus will connect to any Blue tooth GPS

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check with your states laws. Earphones and headsets are not legal in Florida. They are legal in Texas. As for the other 48 I wouldn't know. Just the ones I live in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts