Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Marauder and my mirrors readjust themselves everytime I hit a bump... The right side mirror is the worst... I have tried tightening the nut on the mirrors, but that doesn't seem to work, and I really don't wanna strip anything... Should I get new mirrors (Idon't really like the stock ones anyway) or is the same problem gonna keep happening no matter what kind of mirror I get? Ya think if I took the mirrors off and put loc-tite on the threads it would solve the problem??

Looking for answers quick, as I'm riding my bike to Nashville soon... (I'm in Michigan)

· Registered
1,668 Posts
I had the same problem when I first got my '03 Marauder. In my case all I had to do was tighten everything, the stem, the mirror, everywhere there was a screw. Now they don't move at all.

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to tighten them; I even had by brother tighten them for me, but they still move... I live in Detroit and the roads here are not the best, and it's a pain in the glutes to readjust my mirrors at every stop light... It's gotten so that I have to look over my shoulder to change lanes, which I do anyway, but I would like to look in my mirrors to see who's behind me...

· Registered
1,759 Posts
nevanerviss said:
I tried to tighten them; I even had by brother tighten them for me, but they still move... I live in Detroit and the roads here are not the best, and it's a pain in the glutes to readjust my mirrors at every stop light... It's gotten so that I have to look over my shoulder to change lanes, which I do anyway, but I would like to look in my mirrors to see who's behind me...
I have this same problem. I had bought some aftermarket mirrors and they were worse. So I put my stockers back on.

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought some Arlen-Ness mirrors... Let's hope that this does the trick... I REALLY want my mirrors to stay frickin' still... Next step... MIG WELDER!!! :twisted:

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm gonna put the rubber washer in between the two parts AND put Loc-tite on the threads when I get the Arlen-Ness mirrors I ordered... I'll take before and after pics and post 'em here... If the loc-tite and o-rings don't work, I'll weld them in place... That'll learn 'em... :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.