Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me here? How is this done, and will it hurt the performance of the bike at all?

It has 3 rivets in the end of each pipe, how do I remove them and then what do I do after that?

I am not much of a bike mechanic so any help I can get would be appreciated.

Also, sometimes I hear a popping sound from under the tank... Usually goes away after a few mintues, but what would cause this noise?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
as far as the baffles go you might wanna check out Marauder Intruder Group, Suzuki Motorcycles, Boulevard, Intruder 1500LC, Marauder, Intruder 1400, Intruder 800 on the main page there is a projects section. the popping might be comming out of the PAIR valve. aka that big chrome tumor on the right side of the motor. they also have a kit to remove that. i did the debaffle and removed the pair valve. not to loud but not quiet. you might have to adjust the mixture screw to richen it up. breif over view of the debaffle: drill out 3 rivets, then get a hole saw i believe 2 1/8" and you have to cut through 3 plates that hold the baffle in place. then yank them out and enjoy the sound. BTW great choice in bike. might wanna think about 17tooth front sprocket if you do alot of highway riding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.