Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the issue is the following; I have this 2003 1600cc Road Star. The Fuel Tank has basically rotted out from the inside to the point which, is of no use and cannot be saved. As it stands, I tried buying a new one from the local dealer - Did not have the part and, when ordered from other warehouses, they or anyone else, didn't carry this anymore. I have tried the Salvage yard to see if I could get a used one - Nothing - Which is incredible really because I really thought I would have had a better chance finding a second hand one than a new one! So my question the this Forum is the following: "Is there a similar fuel tank, perhaps from a different Model, which could fit on the Road Star?"

If anyone could help me with this issue...or give some practical suggestions/recommendations, it would really be grateful!

Canuckrider

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
Welcome. Good luck with your search.
Might have to look for a shop that does custom bikes to adapt a different tank.

In the future, please do not post the same question in more than one place on here.
That tends to lead to confusion.
Thanks.

·
Registered
05 SUSUKI VL800 C50 - 08 YAMAHA VSTAR 650
12 Posts
So the issue is the following; I have this 2003 1600cc Road Star. The Fuel Tank has basically rotted out from the inside to the point which, is of no use and cannot be saved. As it stands, I tried buying a new one from the local dealer - Did not have the part and, when ordered from other warehouses, they or anyone else, didn't carry this anymore. I have tried the Salvage yard to see if I could get a used one - Nothing - Which is incredible really because I really thought I would have had a better chance finding a second hand one than a new one! So my question the this Forum is the following: "Is there a similar fuel tank, perhaps from a different Model, which could fit on the Road Star?"

If anyone could help me with this issue...or give some practical suggestions/recommendations, it would really be grateful!

Canuckrider
Bob's Used Motorcycle Parts AZ. USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts