Motorcycle Forum banner

S50 Battery question

374 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  cutter
Hey guys i was wondering if someone can help me on this question. I still have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard S50 and on my third battery. When i bought the bike in 2015 it had a YB16B-A1 and replaced with another in i think 2018. The battery fits perfectly in the ridiculous box under bike, and can access side terminals well. Recently was shopping for new battery and wanted better so I bought a YTX12-BS AGM battery from GP bikes in Canada their website said it is a match for my bike. When i received it I added the electrolytes but noticed it was considerably smaller in dimensions and had no side terminal female screw attachment. I called and emailed company and he's been saying it fits and Yausa confirmed this. I said it actually doesn't fit at all. It's been a week and the guys at GP bikes are confused and not helpful. I can't return it because i poured in the electrolytes. So my question is, is there a better replacement battery for this bike that fits perfectly? Can be AGM, Lithium. If i have to go back to the acid adding water YB16B-A1 i will. Thank you

Ryan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
NO. You made one big mistake already, don't follow that with another one.

Stick with the one that you KNOW fits right, probably a Yuasa AGM.
It will last longer if you keep it on a tender when not in use for a week or more.

Your new battery MUST be fully charged with an external charger before use.

Then once you get that figured out, it would be a good time to check your charging voltage too.
Reactions: 1
Well, I can confirm that the Motobatt MB 16U AGM battery will fit in a 2005 S50 because I installed one in mine a month ago. I can't speak to the longevity of it yet, but like I said it fits fine, was less of a pain to install that I planned on, and it cranks the bike flawlessly. MB16U Motobatt 12V AGM Battery
Well, I can confirm that the Motobatt MB 16U AGM battery will fit in a 2005 S50 because I installed one in mine a month ago. I can't speak to the longevity of it yet, but like I said it fits fine, was less of a pain to install that I planned on, and it cranks the bike flawlessly. MB16U Motobatt 12V AGM Battery
Thanks Cutter for the specific details on that batttery, I was looking at that specific one too online. But didn't want to make another mistake buying something else that wouldn't fit quite right. The company i 've been dealing with came through after a week, and is giving me a full refund on the order I made. So happy about that. Thanks for confirming. Cheers
My pleasure. Nice that the other company came through on a refund for you. Glad it all worked out.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts