Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki S50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Okay, I've searched this forum, but most of the related threads are so old that all I get are dead links, so I figured it was worth asking again.

I'm just looking for a practical way to carry a few things while I'm out riding. I've googled 'til my fingers cramp, but it seems OEM saddlebags and supports are non-existent for the S50, as are anything like a luggage rack. And I haven't found an aftermarket version of any of these things, either. I don't have a sissy bar on the bike, so if a luggage rack is the answer it may mean having to add one. I'm not opposed to making something home-made work even if it's ugly, but I'd rather not have to drill into the fenders or relocate the turn signals of I don't have to. I can't be the only S50/VS800 owner in this situation. I really don't want to ride with a backpack.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (and links).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all. Okay, I've searched this forum, but most of the related threads are so old that all I get are dead links, so I figured it was worth asking again.

I'm just looking for a practical way to carry a few things while I'm out riding. I've googled 'til my fingers cramp, but it seems OEM saddlebags and supports are non-existent for the S50, as are anything like a luggage rack. And I haven't found an aftermarket version of any of these things, either. I don't have a sissy bar on the bike, so if a luggage rack is the answer it may mean having to add one. I'm not opposed to making something home-made work even if it's ugly, but I'd rather not have to drill into the fenders or relocate the turn signals of I don't have to. I can't be the only S50/VS800 owner in this situation. I really don't want to ride with a backpack.

Try Dennis Kirk or J and P Cycles. I bought a set years ago and they have generic ones that should work.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki S50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I just found a pair of OEM supports on eBay that I'm going to try. Then I can experiment with bags.

·
Super Moderator
12,966 Posts
Thank you. I just found a pair of OEM supports on eBay that I'm going to try. Then I can experiment with bags.
I think that's what I did when I had an S50. IIRC, I ran the yoke under the seat and found a medium size set that fit between the shocks and rear signals.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Try Tsukayu.com I ordered hard saddle bags and a fairing from them. I can send pics if you like

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki S50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I took a look at that site. I find it interesting that the S50/VS800 is not even listed among the Suzuki models. And for the VS1400 the only thing listed is fairings.

There's still snow on the ground, so I have time to explore a little. ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,966 Posts
First, when replying with a quote, you add your reply AFTER the last QUOTE that pops up into your reply window.
(I fixed it for you.)

Nice setup......but not likely that it will help him with his S50. Not a lot of space to work with on that model.

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki S50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed. Not a lot of room to work with on the S50. Those are some giant bags!

Anyway, I just received the OEM supports I bought via eBay and they look great and should work fine. I also found some smallish bags that I'll try when the weather breaks and I can get things installed. If they don't work, it looks like there are lots of generics that could work.

Thanks, everyone!

·
Super Moderator
12,966 Posts
If they don't work, it looks like there are lots of generics that could work.
I put my brackets on and then went to a few bike shops.
About the 3rd one had a set of "slanted" ones that fit almost perfectly (leather).
Might have paid a bit more to do it that way but didn't have to screw around with returns and such.
I knew they were right the first time 'cause they walked me out to the parking lot to size them up before I paid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First, when replying with a quote, you add your reply AFTER the last QUOTE that pops up into your reply window.
(I fixed it for you.)

Nice setup......but not likely that it will help him with his S50. Not a lot of space to work with on that model.
Thank you, first post

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put my brackets on and then went to a few bike shops.
About the 3rd one had a set of "slanted" ones that fit almost perfectly (leather).
Might have paid a bit more to do it that way but didn't have to screw around with returns and such.
I knew they were right the first time 'cause they walked me out to the parking lot to size them up before I paid.
Glad things worked out, can you post pictures?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts