Motorcycle Forum banner

Scala Rider Q2 multi-set

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  ShawnKing 
#1 ·
Ordered the Scala Rider Q2 multi-set on Sunday and it arrived today. Already hooked up the brackets, speakers and mic on both my and my wife's helmets. Just waiting for the units to finish charging. Should be able to do an initial off-the-bike test in a few hours and a full on-bike test this weekend.

#3 ·
I have the same set they work great, now that i have them i don't think i could do without them.

#4 ·
My wife and I finally got to try out the Q2 communicators, took a 160 mile ride yesterday. They worked great. Even tried them with earplugs in and we could hear each other very clearly. Made the ride even more enjoyable being able to talk back and forth.

#5 ·
Sweet.
I did ~1000 miles over spring break (Texas Hill Country & all over this freaking state) with mine too. Only had a riding buddy half of the time, but I have it synced to my phone. The wife called while I was on my way home. It's really cool to be able to answer a call and talk while riding at 75 MPH.

I'll be putting a headset in her helmet for the summer.

#12 ·
#17 ·
Re: Cardo Q2 Headsets

So we finally got our act together and went out for a ride with the Cardo system. One word description.............Fantastic. Clear sound and just too easy to use. Just start talking like you would riding in a cage with some one beside you. The Hobo zipped up to 140 kms(about 85mph)and there was no added wind noise or distortion. This is one piece of technology that is well worth the $$.

#19 ·
We were out again today for 4+ hours of saddle time. Nice to be able to warn each other about a lane change, junk on the road or a cager doing God knows what all over the road. I really feel good knowing we can communicate and I don't have to keep checking the mirrors wondering where the Hobo is in traffic. The stress level goes down and smile factor goes up. Gotta love it.

#20 ·
mono v stereo

Anyone have ideas when these will go stereo? Listening to music just won't be as enjoyable until that happens.

Also - I notice the systems have two ear pieces...does the mono come through both or do you choose left or right...perhaps for safety sake - to better hear traffic?

#23 ·
I've held off on buying this type of hardware due to complexity and sound quality concerns. Maybe someone could describe a setup with a gps and Bluetooth phone, and how it all works.

Ideally, I'd like to link my phone to my Zumo 550 via Bluetooth so I have touchscreen dialing controls. I'd also like to play .mp3s from the Zumo. Is that possible? Can I connect it all with Bluetooth, or do I have to use a cable to the unit? Are the headsets wireless?

I always said I'd never use a phone on the bike, but now I have a half-hour commute. It'd be nice to check in with the wife and whatever.

#26 ·
Ideally, I'd like to link my phone to my Zumo 550 via Bluetooth so I have touchscreen dialing controls. I'd also like to play .mp3s from the Zumo. Is that possible? Can I connect it all with Bluetooth, or do I have to use a cable to the unit? Are the headsets wireless?

I always said I'd never use a phone on the bike, but now I have a half-hour commute. It'd be nice to check in with the wife and whatever.
I have the setup you describe. Bluetooth iPhone gets paired with the Zumo 550 and the Q2 - all done wirelessly.

I can call out directly from the Zumo and it has "Caller ID' so if someone calls me, I can see who it is and, in theory, answer right from there (I don't - I pull off and call the person back). The Q2 also allows me to hear instructions from the Zumo.

As for MP3's, I'm pretty sure you can load them on to the Zumo and then play them through the Q2 but I don't bother due to the mono nature of the Bluetooth setup. If I need to listen to music, I've got an iPod for that and I give up the ability to hear spoken commands from the Zumo through the Q2.

#24 ·
maybe full function gps with helmet speakers instead

Since...
1. I'm not interested in using cell phone while riding
2. It will probably be some time (and the rare occasion) before I need rider to rider feature
3. Batteries won't last on 4+ hour trips

Perhaps a full featured GPS with mp3 and FM feature (could provide EBS weather alerts) paired with helmet speakers is the way to go. Do bluetooth helmet speakers exist?

After hearing a neurologist say that the jury is still out on the whole brain cancer, cell phone, bluetooth thing...and that he uses the wired hands free earphone for cell (as I do), I don't prefer bluetooth...but I'm also not excited about being tethered to the bike.

If music wasn't desired, can the GPS audio be heard directly from the unit over road noise? I generally do not ride interstates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.