Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's the point... He didn't, I did. Then he passed it off as his own. Kinda like guys who buy take-offs to prove they ride hard.

Geek, where's your write-up then ?
In the gixxer.com topic i can only find your "Contact me about your C28 code!".
I think D_Klein did write an excellent DIY manual, AND offers to do it for you.
I think forums are about sharing information !
I do agree D_Klein should have referenced the gixxer.com topic / your posts.

Intelligence is not patented. I would have found the problem on my own, i'm an electronic engineer. Others with sufficient knowledge will also be able to find the problem. Re-inventing the wheel each time takes much longer though.

:bluethum: to D_Klein. Your write-up saved me a lot of time and enabled me to fix it quickly so i could ride again last weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Geek, where's your write-up then ?
In the gixxer.com topic i can only find your "Contact me about your C28 code!".
I think D_Klein did write an excellent DIY manual, AND offers to do it for you.
I think forums are about sharing information !
I do agree D_Klein should have referenced the gixxer.com topic / your posts.

Intelligence is not patented. I would have found the problem on my own, i'm an electronic engineer. Others with sufficient knowledge will also be able to find the problem. Re-inventing the wheel each time takes much longer though.

:bluethum: to D_Klein. Your write-up saved me a lot of time and enabled me to fix it quickly so i could ride again last weekend.
What? Didn't you read the thread? I said specificly why I removed my instructions. And it's not that he modified my instructions because they were missing something, he claimed he figured it out. But hey, you're an engineer, I don't expect you to understand something so simple. And his offer ... again, you didn't read "for a modest fee".

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
D_Kleins' last login was February 13th. He WAS quite a regular contributor around here. I don't remember why he said he was going to stop posting here.............Hmmn.....Oh yeah...I remember now....He said something about making a boatload of money off of some procedure he came up with to fix his bike. Even patented it too. I believe he spends his days catching the surf down in Cabo San Lucas or something like that. He strolls out to the mail box on the fifth of every month and collects some sort of royalty check or something like that. He invited me down there...I might go after the tourist season subsides in June.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
:)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Hmmm...
First off, Kudo's to D_Kline for putting together a package that meets the needs of many Gixxer riders out there. He did a reat job bringing a technical task down to the level where the average Joe can take a shot at.

Evidently he learned more than he bargained for. An old proverb came to mind reading this thread. Prov. 16:18 says that 'pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.'
I think D was so pleased with the knowledge he gained about this mod, that he chose to bask in the limelight a bit, omitting the fact that some of his knowlege came with the help of others. However, this isn't the first time someone has done this, and won't be the last.
It looks as though D is suffering the 'crash' part of the proverb. Not in itself a bad thing when the lesson is learned.

Geek...you may be the originator of this fix, and good on you for doing YOUR homework. However, demanding the respect you want, isn't going to get you anywhere. The more you whine for it, the more it takes away from your skill, and undermines the very recognition you're after.

The other sad thing, is that your 'expose' has accomplished more harm than good, by relegating a good forum member to the back 40.

My hope is that you, Geek, realize that you're getting nowhere demanding respect, and also that D_Kline finds his way back to the forum, where we look forward to his humor and future contributions.

Atlas

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Good points, Atlas, but D_K left us long before this came to light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
D_Kleins' last login was February 13th. He WAS quite a regular contributor around here. I don't remember why he said he was going to stop posting here.............Hmmn.....Oh yeah...I remember now....He said something about making a boatload of money off of some procedure he came up with to fix his bike. Even patented it too. I believe he spends his days catching the surf down in Cabo San Lucas or something like that. He strolls out to the mail box on the fifth of every month and collects some sort of royalty check or something like that. He invited me down there...I might go after the tourist season subsides in June.
Making a boatload of a patented procedure to fix his bike? Hmm... I'd like to see the link for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm...
First off, Kudo's to D_Kline for putting together a package that meets the needs of many Gixxer riders out there. He did a reat job bringing a technical task down to the level where the average Joe can take a shot at.

Evidently he learned more than he bargained for. An old proverb came to mind reading this thread. Prov. 16:18 says that 'pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.'
I think D was so pleased with the knowledge he gained about this mod, that he chose to bask in the limelight a bit, omitting the fact that some of his knowlege came with the help of others. However, this isn't the first time someone has done this, and won't be the last.
It looks as though D is suffering the 'crash' part of the proverb. Not in itself a bad thing when the lesson is learned.

Geek...you may be the originator of this fix, and good on you for doing YOUR homework. However, demanding the respect you want, isn't going to get you anywhere. The more you whine for it, the more it takes away from your skill, and undermines the very recognition you're after.

The other sad thing, is that your 'expose' has accomplished more harm than good, by relegating a good forum member to the back 40.

My hope is that you, Geek, realize that you're getting nowhere demanding respect, and also that D_Kline finds his way back to the forum, where we look forward to his humor and future contributions.

Atlas
It's not about the respect I gain. I could care less. It just rubs me the wrong way when someone else uses my work to earn respect for themselves. I called him out and suddenly, I'm the bad guy. Everyone here is giving him kudos for something he stole. Wonderful world we live in huh?

Oh, and if any of you take your's apart to follow his instructions only to find that the idle gear shaft is broken.... I can fix that too.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Enough's enough sir.

With all due respect. Your passion to prove yourself to be "The Man" in this matter has clouded your judgment, and quite frankly, we've been clowning you the whole time, and you've failed to pick up on it.

Again, your intense focus on proving yourself right has not allowed yourself to see the forest for the trees. Then you come back after a four month hiatus to post relevant (to you) responses in a dead thread...that quite frankly we were glad to be rid of you for your constant bizzitching about something that is inconsequential.

Props to you for creating the procedure. The community needs people like you, but the crusade you've been on is the wrong way to go about it. If it is recognition you craved. You got it. If nothing. We all recognize you as the clown who's crying about somebody taking his idea that he put up unprotected for inspection on a medium viewed by millions of people daily.

We'd be happy to welcome you into our community with open arms, and respect your posts and input as to help us fix our bikes. But....if the good stuff comes at the price of the quality of the eight or so posts you've contributed to the community.....eh.....I think we'll take a pass.

So...let it go...we all become friends and have a good time.

OR

Let it go....move on...do something good with your talents and be smarter about how you disseminate information next time.

OR

Continue to let it eat you up. Let that anger spill over into your personal life, and be miserable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easiest way to fix it

What I did one week ago. I called suzuki and complained about the problem since I needed a whole new throttle body that is 900 dollars for a secondary throttle valve actuator.. I got in touch with the suzuki rep and had Derry Cycle a suzuki dealer talk with the service there... And since it falls under some emissions thing. Suzuki paid for the entire thing 1200 dollars in the end, even though I had no warrenty or anything, they paid for it all.. I'd go that route got a whole new throttle body for free... and only took a week to get the parts and install them..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi my name is Travis have had the same problem with my 05or 600 now was just wondering what type of fee because I'm in Tucson how would you charge me to fix my bike my number is 520-425-5070 you could please reply back to me or call me I appreciate it !!!!! I would be willing to come to you

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.