Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you who ride with laced boots or any kind of shoe with laces...BEWARE

I was rollin up to a stop light today, I went to put my feet down and my left shoe lace got caught on the foot peg. The bike tipped over, and luckily I was able to land on my feet as my left foot got close enough to the ground. I hurt my shoulder picking the bike back up, and I hurt my ego quite a bit, too. How embarassing to drop my bike with cars all around me!! :oops:

So, be careful with your shoes. Tie them with really small loops, and tuck them into the shoe if possible. I learned a lesson I'll never forget, and I hope this post is enough to help everyone else not make the same mistake.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That's where that fashion thing coined by LLCoolJ came from. So your pantleg doesn't get caught in the sprocket in a bicycle. Funny how practicality turns into fashion if one famous person does it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
samthing (kinda)

I was on my dirt bike coming down a little hill in my back yard when i tried to stop and my lace got stuck on the shifter and i took a tumble. It also didnt help that my brother was coming up behind me and scared the crap out of me as he swoped past me. :shock:

·
Registered
79 Posts
whats even more scary is those lanyards keychains. i have one and i have to constantly remember to tuck it into my pocket. i can only imagine what would happen if it got caught in a rim or chain, or anyother part for that matter.

·
Registered
136 Posts
did this once on my moped. Sucked to be me, but everyone who saw it got a kick out of it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Laces in, Laces IN ! (Quote Ace Ventura 1 of Dan Marino's Superbowl **** up) :lol:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Or you could just tuck your laces inside your boots. That's what I do and I've never had a problem. As long as your laces are long enough, they won't pull out.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Got a pair of icons. they got a strap that latches across the shoe and you can fold your laces under it, it will hold them firmly.

Bad face masks are also dangerous. And riding in fog with bad face masks is dangerous. After work tonight, I thought I'd go for a midnight ride just to get some stress out of my system. Well fog rolled in and I couldn't see jack, so I lifted the visor up which kind of sucked, but luckily it's definitely no lower than 60 degrees over here so I was comfortable. Still kind of wierd for my mask to get fogged up like it did. It stayed fogged even after I lifted it.

Oh, also, I need to tuck my jeans into my boots. having the jeans out makes them prone to catch while taking my feet off the pegs. Falling at a stop light might not be THAT dangerous but it would sure be embarrassing.

Any of you guys have a different solution?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I've never had my jeans catch on the pegs, but I've often kicked up the pegs accidentally when trying to put my feet on them after take off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.