Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Now that I have the correct fuel pump in my C50, it doesn't seem to be sending fuel. When it is connected and you turn the key, you can hear it priming. But it appears nothing is coming out of the fuel hose. (which is clean and open inside)

When I remove the fuel hose from the tank, shouldn't fuel just fly out from the part it connects to on the tank when I turn the key over?

I have attached a picture so you can see what part I am talking about when I say the part that connects to the tank.

Thank you
Jimisand
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Circle Auto part

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
Is the fuel pump inside the tank or outside ?

Just a guess here but a new pump might be "vapor locked" with air and several ON/OFF cycles might be needed to really prime it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the fuel pump inside the tank or outside ?

Just a guess here but a new pump might be "vapor locked" with air and several ON/OFF cycles might be needed to really prime it.
The fuel pump is inside the tank all sealed up nice and tight. And I should clarify, it is a "new to me" pump, but technically used. The pump is in pristine condition and hard to believe it is used. No discoloration at all. All the wires intact.

We've cycled it on and off several times in a row.... many times over the course of an hour.

The tank is not completely filled with gas, would that have an effect on it not pumping any out?

And for the sake of knowing, should gas come out of the nub (if no hose connected to it) when cycling?

Thanks again,
Jimisand

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
And for the sake of knowing, should gas come out of the nub (if no hose connected to it) when cycling?
Yes of course.
And you could test it outside of the tank.
But I suggest doing that with something less explosive than gasoline......like rubbing alcohol or diesel fuel.

Alas, it is not unusual for used parts to be BAD.
You might have been "taken".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts