Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wusup guys!!
So here's my issue~ I recently picked up a 13' M50. I've put about 300 miles on it & am really eager to drill 4 1/2" holes into the baffle plate on the rear on the muffler.
I'm just wondering if it's too soon & might hurt anything, I'm not sure if I'm past the break in period yet. I don't plan on removing the baffles yet, but can possibly see myself doing that down the line.
Another issue of concern to me in the warranty, the dealer I got it from is really cool & I don't think he'll give me issues about it but I'm not 100% sure. I really hate the quietness of it & feel this beautiful machine deserves some more character coming out them mufflers!!! Lol

Any & all advice is greatly appreciated, thanks guys....

Btw, I've search tru the archives & couldn't find anything related to my "how soon can I" issue.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've drilled mine. But, with only 300 miles on the bike you should wait. The pipes will get a little louder with time. You should ask the dealer what will happen with your warranty if you do.

I like they way mine sound though, just a little louder than stock. I like to hear the bike when I'm on the highway, with no tach it helps. They are just loud enough to do that now, without being obnoxious around town or at intersections.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I drilled mine as soon as I got a chance, but that's just because I didn't care too much about warranty as the bike would be sitting for at least 6 months during the winter and warranty would have expire then

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do it!
The sound of your bike is a part of the pleasure riding it.
Drilling hole's has no effect on the motorsettings.
I started with four hole's....then a lot of hole's....then I removed the baffles.
That sound was really good but finally I installed the Vance&Hines straightshots with baffles.
That is for me the perfect sound; don't like it to loud.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Anything you do to alter how the bike functions will give you warranty problems, no matter what anybody tells you. On the other hand, exhaust mods are what alot of people do to a new bike and most never have problems. If you are worried about it you should try and find a used set of OEM pipes to put back on the bike in case something does happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts