Registered
926 Posts
Here's a night shot with my new mods:

M50nightshot.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Boxthrower:

Looks great! How did you mount the top box?
I had access to a stick welder, chopsaw, and drill press. I bought one length of metal from Lowes hardware, about $15 and used this to make a U shaped bracket with right angles and drilled holes at the end of the U where it goes into the bolt holes that attach the bikes tail to the frame (one of the set of holes in which you would use for saddle bag guards/braces). Then welded the top of the U shape to a plate of metal I found laying around my fathers shop. Then drilled three bolt holes through the bottom of the trunk and through the metal plate. Two bolts hold the bottom of the trunk to the metal plate and the third bolt goes through the bottom the trunk, the metal plate, through one inch thick rubber grommet and into the bolt hole that originally secured the rear seat to the the tail. And of course painted the metal black.

·
Registered
14 Posts
319896_4221101288379_573469201_n.jpg

I put 3 inch Hard Krome exhaust on and modified my air box, which required re-mapping the fuel injection. I lowered the bike 3 inches and have custom cables from Barnett that I have not installed yet, as I am waiting for new bars. We are custom fabbing bars in black that sit up higher so I don't have to lean as I just had back surgery. I love the Michelin Commander 2 tires. They are soft on the outside and hard in the middle. High mileage and performance. The only bad thing is I am always looking for 6th gear. LUDU.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just installed freshly painted air cleaner cover. In all she has V&H straight shots, John's Forward Controls, OEM sissy bar/package tray, Saddleman bags, and suzuki gel seat. next looking for integrated taillight, saw an M in OH yesterday with it, and it looks sweet.

IMAG0415.jpg

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you and yes it is chain drive. New chain too by the way. Last one broke a few months back on my way to work. Lucky me, I was just pulling out of the gas station parking lot doing only 5 or 10 MPH when it happened.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Here's my 98. Mostly stock, but I still think it's beautiful. Debadged, depaired, and bar end mirrors. Exhaust and paint are the next projects when I get the time and money. uploadfromtaptalk1340979429940.jpg

Joe

21 - 40 of 248 Posts