Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Reposting link to my M for the newbies, Long time no post, good to see guys like Phoenix and Cooley still around.
Glassman Rides Again Photos by mrdandiaz | Photobucket

Got an Orange VTX 1300S now and a black VTX 1300R to go with the M but she is staying! Be Blessed all.
I always got the nomenclature for the Hondas mixed up...which one is sporty looking and which one is the full-fendered version? Nice to see you've still got your M!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey, you guys think this is a good buy? 2005 m50, 7000 miles, excellent condition, $3750.

I really love the look of this bike and it has that perfect mix of sport car look and cruiser. Is this bike comfortable for a normal rider and easy to operate? In the pic, it doesn't come with a passenger seat & sissy bar so could I put them on. I also see some frame on the side, I assume those are for saddlebags? Should I ask for a lower price or is it a fair price?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/3708935915.html

3Fa3Md3J35Ka5J65M3d3u20673b1ebc0f18dd.jpg

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Hey, you guys think this is a good buy? 2005 m50, 7000 miles, excellent condition, $3750.

I really love the look of this bike and it has that perfect mix of sport car look and cruiser. Is this bike comfortable for a normal rider and easy to operate? In the pic, it doesn't come with a passenger seat & sissy bar so could I put them on. I also see some frame on the side, I assume those are for saddlebags? Should I ask for a lower price or is it a fair price?

View attachment 28801

I paid less than that 2 years ago for my 2007 with similar miles, bags and pipes. It looks nice but that's high.

·
Registered
926 Posts

I really love the look of this bike and it has that perfect mix of sport car look and cruiser. Is this bike comfortable for a normal rider and easy to operate? In the pic, it doesn't come with a passenger seat & sissy bar so could I put them on. I also see some frame on the side, I assume those are for saddlebags? Should I ask for a lower price or is it a fair price? [URL="http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/3708935915.html"

View attachment 28801 [/URL]
It does look clean but that's kinda high, as was pointed out. I'd maybe start low, if serious...around 2,700-2,800 cash in hand and be sure to point out the missing rear seat. They aren't hard to come by but they're pretty hard to lose, lol! Clean bikes still warrant a test ride. With it being an 05 I'd be leary of the final drive turning to dust on you...ask for any maintenance on it...if you don't get an answer, don't be afraid to walk away. How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
BTW, what is the difference between Suzuki M50 vs C50.

I have ridden passenger on a C50 with another guy who owned one, I asked him for a ride. It's a big bike and two big guys were able to ride on it no problem. Just wondering how the M50 compares.

If I'm gonna go with a cruiser, I'd like one that's roomy but not huge for show. I still want it to be easy to ride around, especially at slow speeds or pulling up to park.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
As Cheech and Chong say, "it's the same but different, man". Mostly cosmetic like fenders and engine color, the engines are different but in the same class.

·
Registered
396 Posts
the newer M50 and C50 have the same engine.. I'm talking about 2010 and newer at least that's what they say here in The Great White North.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just a small windshield added to my stock one, getting new pipes by june
View attachment 28809
Pretty cool! Do you have any specs on it? Where you bought it; brand; model?

Welcome to the forum! You're in the right place to talk about M50's!

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW! Looking great everybody! Totally deadly wad. Here's mine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I always got the nomenclature for the Hondas mixed up...which one is sporty looking and which one is the full-fendered version? Nice to see you've still got your M!
VTX 1300 R stands for RETRO fenders like the C50, 1300C is CUSTOM like the M50 and 1300S is the R with SPOKES. I actually have an R and an S. R is set up for 2 up just ordered corbin beetle bags for it, R im gonna build a one up bagger with a fairing and some QQ hardbags. Thinking about 6 degree rake and a 23" wheel up front. Its been too long since my last build, got that itch again :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
What kind of speedo is that? Dig it.
Its a dekota digital, has 17 functions so everything on the M can run thru it, be advised tho, installation can be a bear as Dakota Digital and Suzuki dont know anything about the wiring from each other so connecting 15 or so wires can be a very time consuming project, took 20 hours to identify and connect all the wires for my bike. Be Blessed

·
Registered
118 Posts
Need to take some new pics, these are from last year I believe.

Have since added some C50 bars that were shortened 1.5" on each end.

IMG_1785.jpg
IMG_1715.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. First post for me I believe. Here's my 2008 LTD. I've been wanting to change out the stock exhaust for some time now but didn't want to shill out a whole lot of money.
Found this Roadhouse Moto classic set being sold as clearance. Love the sound but was not entirely sure about the shark fin tips, but the look is growing on me.

Youtube link for sound....

·
Registered
396 Posts
They do sound good :bluethum:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nothing new this year but Kuryakin mirrors.

But I changed my oil, filter and air cleaner today and used my bike stand that I painted last winter for the first time. It works great.

DSC01417.JPG DSC01416.JPG

·
Registered
396 Posts
IMG_20130506_115334.jpg

Added some bags, just turned over 11000Km.

141 - 160 of 248 Posts