Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shop who is willing to make custom plate mounts for side mounted license plates if anyone is interested. I am trying to get them a series of M50 owners, only problem is that I do not have access to my M to get the rear tire shaft diameter to get to them. If anyone can help me with this I would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone on the forums makes these please let me know, I would love to help out forum members first.

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
The top Allen bolt it just about made for this and is a 19mm- 3/4". Side plate brackets are available on ebay for about $20. NMc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the 3/4" will I be needing to drill it out, or will it fit in tight enough as is. I can have the shop mill it to a 19mm if need be, but just want to make sure so that I don't have to mess up a paint job.

·
1,477 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the side mount plates come with a 3/4" hole already in them and that you don't need any modifications to use them. I don't use one so you will have to wait for somebody else to post that can say for sure or find one on this site and send them a PM. NMc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will take a look into my Repair manual i assume they will have the diameter in there. Thanks for the info though.

·
1,477 Posts
Pull the chrome nut above and in front of the axle bolt cover, and measure the sholder on it. NMc

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
or you can do what i did, buy one for a harley and just make the hole bigger with a dremel. took about 10 min (i went slow so i didnt make it too big) and it was free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts