Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got really sick 2 years ago ended up in the hospital. Blah blah blah. Long story short I've finally have gotten around to working on my poor neglected 05 M50. Of course battery wouldn't hold a charge so I replaced that and heard a pop as I hooked the new battery up. I'm not as mobile as I would wish at this point so here is my silly help request. Since I can't crawl around looking and my strength is still not up to par, can someone point me in the right direction for the fuse I believe I'm looking for please? PS my brother in law has borrowed about 1/2 my tools which is the other reason I can't just take everything apart. lol.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
Sorry to hear about your illness; hope your recovery continues to progress OK.

FIRST......are you sure the cables are not connected backwards ??

You didn't actually say it but I assume that all the electrical is DEAD now with the new battery ??
The main fuse is usually mounted all by itself, bolted to the same lug on the starter solenoid as the cable from the battery.
That is a general location; I don't know for sure about that model.

A multi-meter is pretty much a requirement to chase electrical troubles.
If the main fuse did blow, there is a REASON for that and the next one likely will too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. While following your advice I discovered a couple of cables I forgot to re-tighten. Comes from doing too many things at once. So after I tightened them back down my baby fired right up and purred.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts