Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to have a 1983 SP500, and a genuine Suzuki repair manual, which is plastic notebook with looseleaf pages.
I sold the bike to a friend of mine a few years ago, along with the manual. I will get in touch with him and ask to borrow the manual.
I could then scan and email you the timing procedure, from that manual.

L.L.

'05 B12
'05 DR650
'04 KX500

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
My dad had a PE250 that looked just like that, but in yellow. I was scared to death of that big, loud thing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hahaha RowdyRed! Don't worry, the ol' SP500 was mellow, but torquey, of course it's not a two-stroke like the old PE's were.
Looking at that pic, once I found it last night, brought back some good memories of that old bike, I'm sorry I sold it.
A friend of mine bought it new in '83, used it exclusively for farm use for at least 15 years, and ran errands into town with it too.
Then I bought it in '98 I think, and took it to Colorado a couple of summers for trail riding in the mountains, and it would climb anything you threw at it, no problem. Lots and lots of torque.
To the guy asking about timing procedure. I called Russell today, the guy I sold it to, and he said he'll look around and see if he still has the shop manual. Could take a couple of days, knowing him.

L.L.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts