Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post on the forum, so first off, hello.

Couple of days ago I had a squealing noise that was almost constant on the ride to work. This morning, when it was about 15F warmer outside than the other day, it was just chirping every so often. Brought the bike to the shop today to get the valves adjusted and told my mechanic about the noise, he called me later and said he rode the bike and isn't sure what it was, sounds like it is coming from up front somewhere. Any ideas?? I'm getting a new back tire put on sometime next week or the week after, so he's going to lube the driveshaft splines then. Suggestions on tires to run?? Looking at Avon or Metzler probably.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
It's the squirrels and the birds nest that have become lodged in the airbox. Just rev high enough and you'll suck them right in. Then you can have Squirrel steaks and omlettes.

·
Super Moderator
12,780 Posts

Couple of days ago I had a squealing noise that was almost constant on the ride to work.
:welcomes:

By "constant" do you mean that it was present even when you were not moving ??

That's a critical question.

Assuming it was only present when moving, does that model have a mechanical speedo??

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same, I just sprayed (siliconspray) the rubber<>metal/plastic points (covers/seats)
and the bird's nest was gone!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise starts right around 45mph, stops when decelerating, does not make the noise when I'm not moving. Bike runs fine through all gears and throttle positions, no shakes, shudders, lag, anything like that.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
:huh: I don't know what that could be.

As for tires. If your getting the wider tires go with the Metzlers. Avon's are too tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Couple of days ago I had a squealing noise that was almost constant on the ride to work. This morning, when it was about 15F warmer outside than the other day, it was just chirping every so often. Brought the bike to the shop today to get the valves adjusted and told my mechanic about the noise, he called me later and said he rode the bike and isn't sure what it was, sounds like it is coming from up front somewhere. Any ideas?? I'm getting a new back tire put on sometime next week or the week after, so he's going to lube the driveshaft splines then. Suggestions on tires to run?? Looking at Avon or Metzler probably.
did you ever find out what it was??

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Doubt hell be back post is 12 years old. I'd suggest some sort of bush or similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts