Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 C50 starts great lots of throttle but after about 20 min starts to bog down stalls starts back up ok but keaps stalling

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
Welcome.
First pop the gas tank open when it starts failing. The tank vent could be failing and causing a vacuum in the tank and shutting off the fuel flow.
If that doesn't seem to help, then you likely have an electrical component that is failing with heat and that will be a bit harder to locate and fix.
Can also be caused by an input vacuum leak when it heats up.

Any modifications to the pipes or intake ??

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Also the fuel pump filters may be clogged and or the pressure regulator may be playing up....this is if the bike is ful injected. A good dose of EFI fuel system cleaner may help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI

Thanks for the response from you guys. It has Cobra pipes but they were put in 5 years ago and had no problems until last month. I checked the gas tank venting and it still began stalling after about 20 minutes of running. I recently had to change the fuel pump assembly. I also got a new air filter and fuel line. What do you mean by a "input vacuum leak"? i will try EFI cleaner.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
If the old fuel pump failed due to debris build up perhaps the tank needs to be checked out....also the new pump may now need cleaning out. Not suer what ER means about an input vacuum leak....maybe he means there could be a leak in the efi circuit?

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
Vacuum leak between the intake throat and the intake manifold.....or between the intake manifold and the head.

AND.....no offense intended here but......just because you "checked" the tank vent does not necessarily mean that it won't fail later when going down the road.

You NEED to pop the cap open while it is experiencing trouble to eliminate that possibility completely.
If your cap needs a key to open, start carrying a second key with you for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts