Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I have a 2007 C50 800. It has a set of Vance and Hines pipes on it which were there when I bought it. However they are considered too loud by the registration authority in Victoria. I am wondering if there is some way to quiten them, or does anyone have a contact where I could get some factory pipes for this bike. It has been in storage for a couple of years as I was stuck over seas due to Covid and is now out of rego. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Warwick

·
Administrator
69 Posts
They sell aftermarket quiet baffles on ebay.
But you should be able to do similar with your current baffles I would think.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The baffles on my V & H pipes are removable. You can buy the material to re wrap the baffles.
It would be cheaper to try that before outlaying big dollars on replacing the pipes. Wrap them tight and thick, see how you go.
You can always back off the packing after you pass rego tests.

·
Super Moderator
13,512 Posts
The baffles on my V & H pipes are removable.
AND if they are too loud for the inspection, the baffles probably are LONG gone.
I suggest that he contact V&H directly.
Or contact local bike shops to see if used stock pipes might be available somewhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
HI, I have a 2007 C50 800. It has a set of Vance and Hines pipes on it which were there when I bought it. However they are considered too loud by the registration authority in Victoria. I am wondering if there is some way to quiten them, or does anyone have a contact where I could get some factory pipes for this bike. It has been in storage for a couple of years as I was stuck over seas due to Covid and is now out of rego. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Warwick
V&H does make quiet baffles. They run about $80.00 each. I just checked their site and the only exhaust they make for your bike are the Twin Slash Staggereds so it should be easy to match them up. I just ordered a pair for my Indian Scout 60 from CycleGear.com but Revzilla and J&P cycles have them also. Since all prices seem to be the same, I'd suggest you call each one and order from the one that gives you the information you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts