Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one i had been starting my c90 everyday for two months now Because my right leg was giving me problems like it does from time to time.My problem is its bike week and i live 30 miles from daytona and i got ready to ride over and look around.I let it warm up and went to start it to go riding it started and cut out like the cluth didn't catch now i cannot get it in neutral and the check light is on what could be the problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iam frustrated I had a 2003 this is a 2004 and I don't have a dial or anything to use to adjust it.I don't have a repair manual and I can't figure out what I can do to adjust it.Anyone have a 2004 or know where I can get an illustration or see it on youtube?

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
Hello every one i had been starting my c90 everyday for two months now
Starting without riding has probably run the battery down.
I suggest that you try to charge it first......and check the voltage.

Does the clutch have an normal amount of resistance when you pull the lever ??
With the engine not running, you should be able to nurse the transmission from N to 1 or 2 by rocking it slightly forward or back.

And I think it should start with the clutch pulled in regardless of what gear it is in........but some Suzuki's required both N and clutch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My clutch lever does have the normal amount of resistance.I will try to rock it and i will charge the battery over night.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Just a little advice for all who read this. Running the bike for even ten minutes will not provide enough charge for the battery. I fell into this very trap and my battery dropped by .2 of a vdc....enough for the bike to need more cranking to start than before. I charged the battery up and have not had the problem since.

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
Had to go out of town again.Got back home charged it up.And all is ok now.
A flat battery can cause all kinds of strange symptoms.
If it is over 4 years old, you might want to consider a replacement now before it gives you trouble again.

You might also want to consider a battery tender for extended down times in the future.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A flat battery can cause all kinds of strange symptoms.
If it is over 4 years old, you might want to consider a replacement now before it gives you trouble again.

You might also want to consider a battery tender for extended down times in the future.
i had a battery go bad at 3 years. it held a charge fine. just lost its capacity. it was a motobat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it just may be the battery i went to go out and take a ride this mourning and the same thing happened.I put it in first it jerked and now again the bike is stuck in first gear.I checked it with my multimeter and got a reading of 12.74..The battery is two years old my best guess is th cross my fingers and get a new battery.But iam just checking with you guys could it be anything else.

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
I put it in first it jerked and now again the bike is stuck in first gear.I checked it with my multimeter and got a reading of 12.74..

No.....STOP !!!

A weak battery will NOT prevent a manual transmission from changing gears, especially if the engine is not running.
And 12.7 is perfectly fine.

If the engine IS running, then it's likely that your clutch is dragging due to a problem with the hydraulic clutch (or due to an adjustment problem if it's a cable clutch).
If that is the case, shutting the engine OFF should allow you to easily shift it back to N.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will see but before the battery went dead and i charged it up over night and when i turned it on the bike went into neutral when i shifted it.Thats why i thought it was the battery.I would guess now its a clutch problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts