Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes ladies and germs I am still alive. I haven't been posting in awhile...things have been pretty busy with work/school and a new girlfriend. The Ninja's in the shop...that's a story in and of itself.

I had been having some sputtering while trying to take off and couldn't figure out why. I thought it was bad gas, so I waited till I ran three tanks of 93 octane gas through it, but that didn't fix it. I took it back to the shop where I bought it and they called me two days later with the result. When the guy who sold it to the shop put on the exhaust (a full Muzzy system), he didn't have the carburator re-jetted. They told me they needed to order the jet kit, and another OEM part (forgot it already) and that I should have my bike back in under a week. Well, its now been two weeks and the OEM part still hasn't arrived. It was on back order for awhile, but they said it should have shipped on Friday. Hopefully I can have my bike back by the end of the week.

As far as the new g/f...she's stoked about getting on the bike, just as soon as the weather gets better. I told her that if we were going to be dating that she can never ask me to give up my bike. I know all to many people who have been given the choice of the bike or the g/f and chose the g/f. She agreed that she would never ask me to give up something I love so much.

Anyway...thats what I have been up to...besides running around in the dark with a cape and cowl :).

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Welcome back! Always pays in the end to find a girl that likes bikes! :bluethum:

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
viper94bite said:
personally if it came down to it I would have to say that the girl would go. There is no way I could give up my bikes. They are like my kids or something.
I agree...thats why I told her up front that she can never ask me to give up my bikes...because she would be greatly disappointed with my reply :).

· Premium Member
20,974 Posts
Consider doing the jet kit yourself. I'm sure there's a tutorial online, and we can help. It's not hard.

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They already have the bike and are doing all this warranty work...no charge to me. Otherwise I would probably try and do it myself.

· Registered
2,058 Posts
Good to see ya again :)

· Registered
1,933 Posts
When I get a girl she will comply fully with my 2 cats, my bike and my need to drive fast. I'm too old to change my ways and I'd kill for my cats and my bike so it's just that way, she's just going to have to deal with being 3rd in line.

:)

· Registered
1,933 Posts
Hardware said:
Nexus...you're single and have two cats? Sure you're looking for a female partner... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I swear I'm looking for a GIRL, well more of waiting for one to fall into my lap but really I like chicks. Get me a Gina Gershon or Shania Twain knock off and I'll be happy for life.

:D

· Premium Member
4,574 Posts
she's just going to have to deal with being 3rd in line.
In my experience, most women won't play that.

As for the guy putting on the pipe and not re-jetting, what an a-hole. Duh?!?!? Slip on, yes, exhaust system, only on rare occasions is rejetting/mapping not required.

And people wonder why I generally despise M/C mechanics.

- Nut

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad you're back! We postponed quite a few meetings @Justice League HeadQuarters awaiting your return :evil: .

Now that you've got a Girlfriend what's gonna happen to poor Robin :roll: ?

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GIXXER-Mike said:
Now that you've got a Girlfriend what's gonna happen to poor Robin
Robin is growing up anyway...he said some crazy stuff about leaving and becoming "Nightwing" or some crazy stuff like that :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.