Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also a newbie, since you are removing the tank
I would do the following:

check that the fuel pump relay and fuse is not blown or stuck.
make sure the pump primes( makes noise for 4-5 seconds)
remove the (fuel pump assembly)
check the pump inlet fuel strainer(low pressure filter)
check the pump pressure, it should be 43psi or
remove the injectors and check the resisistance(ohms) at the injector receptacle pins. it should be 11.7 ohms.
I would recommend getting the injectors sent out to be cleaned, tested, and have the filter inside replaced.shouldn't be more than $25 per injector.
The dealer did not get a code because if the sensors are good it will not trigger a code.
the M50 already has an inline high pressure filter on the fuel pump assembly,adding another one might not be a good idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey guys in super sad with my bike and so far this forum is the one who more get close to my issue, my m5 2005 I start it I accelerated and loose power and shut it off, I bring it to the mechanis and he said that was the fuel pump I bought it and installed my self but the issue persist, a soon I installed back I turn the bike on and I accelerated and them loose power and the bike just turn it off by itself, I thought that replacing the $500 fuel pump was going to resolve my problem but nothing happen yet, now I replace my sprak plug for new ones, I check if ther any code but in my bike I have C00 and that means no issue detected by the internal pc, it have a new battery, but now I start to think that could be a problem with the injectors because I couldn't even put it in first gear because the bike just turn it off as soon as I change the gear...

please guys some help .... on this

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
because I couldn't even put it in first gear because the bike just turn it off as soon as I change the gear...

Welcome to the forum.
I'm really sorry that you were talked into making a $500 mistake (a fuel pump costs $500.....REALLY??).

What you describe sounds like a classic side-stand safety switch failure.
The side stand pushes on the switch when it is UP.
Could be a bad switch, broken wiring OR the switch just loose and out of place OR the sidestand mechanism sticking and not going all the way up.

And yes, this switch can be intermittent so that it fails when going down the road due to vibrations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My bike is working now thanks to this forum

I been reading this forum for days and I found really help full information here, the stupid mechanic make me to buy a fuel pump spend around $500 and I replaced it, and it was working same as bad as the old fuel pump after read this forum I pulp apart the bike and removed and clean the injectors, clean them up with compressed air and I put everything back and the bike was running like nothing I want to share the pictures that I took and the small video that I make when I pulp the gas tank off I hope somebody found this helpful

IMG_5989[1].JPG IMG_5988[1].JPG IMG_5993[1].JPG IMG_5994[1].JPG o IMG_5991[1].JPG

·
Registered
21 Posts
easy rider thanks for take a look and answer my question let me ask you something, I been checking online and I found that the M50 has a recall in the switch area, but this is from really long time do you think that they still taking care of the recall if I bring it to the Suzuki dealership for free? also refer to the first question and review this particular forum and read the service manual I decide to pull my bike apart I put some pictures and also posted to somebody else that maybe need it.

Well like the guy who explain here was totally right on my bike the injectors were so clock that is not even funny if you see on the pictures the injector were brown color inside and that in really confident was because of the take that is really rusty inside, the old owner have the bike park for really long time and when I bought it with just 1600 miles like 5 moths ago I rode it a lot now has 4000 miles and I think that was, I clean the injectors input with and compressed air and the input get cleaned, I'm gonna be honest I didn't thinks that spraying with compressed air was gonna worked , but when I put everything back and turn the bike on, the bike was running like nothing happen in the past I feel happy cause I made it work but at the same time I was sad for waste $500, that hurt

thanks for this amazing forum

now I need help with my other bike

2003 Honda shadow vlx 600 ( is having the same issue is not electrical I think the carburetor is clock cause start but it turn the bike off again) help

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
2003 Honda shadow vlx 600 ( is having the same issue is not electrical I think the carburetor is clock cause start but it turn the bike off again) help
Get a bottle of Techron. Give your M the recommended dose every 3 months or so to keep the injectors clean. Start NOW because your efforts probably didn't get them clean inside where it's most important.

Get a can of Berryman's B12 Chemtool. Do not substitute.
If the VLX has been sitting for a LONG time, drain the gas and refill half full with fresh gas.
Add 2 OZ of B12 per gallon of gas.
Run it a few times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Berryman's B12 Chemtool?

Get a bottle of Techron. Give your M the recommended dose every 3 months or so to keep the injectors clean. Start NOW because your efforts probably didn't get them clean inside where it's most important.

Get a can of Berryman's B12 Chemtool. Do not substitute.
If the VLX has been sitting for a LONG time, drain the gas and refill half full with fresh gas.
Add 2 OZ of B12 per gallon of gas.
Run it a few times.

ANd regarding to my VLX the Berryman's B12 Chemtool is this one
Well the bike was working super fine but I travel with my friend from Atlanta to north Carolina around 146 miles going and another 146 coming back, the bike runs great, and I seat it down around 3 weeks without turn it on, after I turn it on like 4 days ago the bike dint turn on at all?

so what I should do?

regards

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
ANd regarding to my VLX the Berryman's B12 Chemtool is this one

after I turn it on like 4 days ago the bike dint turn on at all?
Yes that's the B12 to use. You need a calibrated measuring cup; metal or glass NOT PLASTIC.
Check WalMart or some dollar stores or auto parts stores nearby.

And I honestly think you need to find a bike shop nearby and start cultivating a good relationship with them because it sounds like you don't understand any of the basic of how an engine works. Not trying to be nasty, just honest.

Your battery is probably dead or one of the main cables to it is loose.
Then you need a meter to test the charging voltage while it is running.
Hooking it up to a battery charger for a few hours might give it enough charge so you can ride it to a shop to get things tested out.

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
Nope. Makes too many claims.
Jack of all trades.......masters NONE of them.

I GAVE you my recommendations.
B12 and Gumout.
That's it.
Other things might work some but are mostly snake oil.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Techron? or gumout?

Nope. Makes too many claims.
Jack of all trades.......masters NONE of them.

I GAVE you my recommendations.
B12 and Gumout.
That's it.
Other things might work some but are mostly snake oil.

I thought that you recomend me use Techron for my M50 that is the one for fuel injectors?

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
I thought that you recomend me use Techron for my M50 that is the one for fuel injectors?
Sorry. Techron is kind of an unknown quantity with me as I've never researched the chemical makeup.
I've heard from reputable sources that it is very good for routine maintenance and mild problems but if you have an injector actually sticking, I'd still go with B12 to get it cleaned out.....and then Techron thereafter to keep it clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a 2008 c-50t that my wife rides. One day we were out riding and she was ridding slower and slower. I stop and she said that 40 MPH was all it would go. We had a trip coming up and needed her bike running good. So we took it to the Suzuki Dealer. He had the bike over 2 months. I called and told him I was on my way to pick it up. I got there with my trailer and the bike would not even pull it's self on the trailer. But he did charge me $500.00 to work on it. I took to another shop, and they called me the next day, that it was ready! Only $150.00 there. It ran a couple of days and started the same crap. The last shop had cleaned the fuel injectors. So I pulled the gas tank and took out the fuel pump. There was a little rust where the fuel sock was. So I boiled the tank out with Mauritc Acid. And cleaned out the fuel sock, fuel pump, and lines. And tried the clean the injectors. I put it all back together, And it would idle just fine, But when I rode it it was running on one cylinder. With a lot of looking I found that: 01 to 05 Honda Civic 1.7L Injectors are the same as Suzuki $200.00 each, injectors. I got two for $19.95. It seems to to be running good, I have been riding it to work and back (25 miles) for the last four days.

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
It seems to to be running good, I have been riding it to work and back (25 miles) for the last four days.
Glad that you got it running good.
But it might not last very long.
That tank "cleaning" that you did probably removed the rust inhibitor lining in the tank and now you will have rust forming throughout the tank in a short amount of time.
If it doesn't already have one, I strongly suggest an inline fuel filter.......and keeping an eye on the inside of the tank.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts