Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
I will refrain from commenting on your posts if you will grant me the same favor.
Can't promise that.
My memory isn't what it used to be.

Say what you please.
Nothing I say is intended to be condescending or insulting or disruptive.
How you choose to TAKE it is totally out of my hands.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
And neither is your crabby assed reply.

MANY folks here don't have your (apparent) expertise and benefit from some simple suggestions.

If you aren't one of them, how about just ignoring it instead to "shooting" someone who is just trying to be helpful.
My crabby reply is based on your condescending attitude toward many folks on this board including me. I will refrain from commenting on your posts if you will grant me the same favor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you like your 2010 Vulcan 900? Their new 900 custom looks really nice. Do they have enough power for someone weighing 235lbs?

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
How do you like your 2010 Vulcan 900? Their new 900 custom looks really nice. Do they have enough power for someone weighing 235lbs?
I love it.
It is a Custom, which is a whole different bike, almost.
I don't think I would like the "standard" 900.

My only complaint is that the pegs are too far forward for my short legs.
The standard Vulcan doesn't have the pegs so far forward.....and used to come with floorboards.

The 900 is plenty spirited for most any single rider and many doubles.
I'm pushing 190; need to stop eating so much !!!!!

P.S. I've got an '07 that looks identical and will be for sale here shortly.
I could drop it off in Ga. on my way to Florida......where the '10 is waiting for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many miles and how much? I am looking at some new ones now. If they have enough power I certainly like the way they look. Do they run better than a Sportster? Ride better?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
How many miles and how much? I am looking at some new ones now. If they have enough power I certainly like the way they look. Do they run better than a Sportster? Ride better?
You need to go ride them, two very different machines with strong points both but apples and oranges to compare.
Same would go for a Sportster VS a Wideglide even though both are Harleys.

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Very low mileage; ~3000.
Haven't looked up a price yet.

Runs good; needs......nothing.
Bags, sissy bar and windshield.
Water/air cooled, meaning mostly water cooled but has fins on the heads.

I can't make a comparision to much of anything else....as it's the only bike above 600 CCs I've ever been on.
It will do 70 in 3rd though. :bluethum:

P.S. Just got a call from my prospective house buyer in Illinois.....and he backed out.....so the bike might not be for sale as soon as I had hoped.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts