Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know if anyone has gone to a bigger rear tire on Roadliners or Stratoliner. Stock rear size is 190/60-17. Looking into 200/55-17 or 210/50-17.
Any alterations needed (wider rims) ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm running a 200-55 R17 Avion and love it. Kind of pricey, but it sure rides great. The only thing I dislike is it is a lower profile. Any pot hole and it really hits hard. The tire holds up the best of any tire that I have had on the bike. Lots of room for the tire.

Willie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roadliner rear tire

Hey WillieWherry, I've been looking at Avon also. It's my favorite tire brand for my other cycles too. From what I noticed difference is 4mm height difference. Shouldn't make that much of a riding change, but might be throwing off the speedometer a bit. That's the Avon AV72 Cobra correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run the Avon Cobra's on my 07 Roadliner and love these tires. The handling is fay better than the stock tires. I ran the dragon twice this year, once in the rain and again on a sunny day. I felt completely confident is the grip these tires had. By the way I scraped the runnig boards on almost every corner. Even took it to the snake with the same results. IMO these tires are great. I have 9000 miles on the rear now and feel i should be able to get another 1000 out of them. The front tire also has about another 3-4000 left on it.
George

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 4th set of Avons and will replace in the next month with 12,500+ on rear and 18K+ on front. You will not notice any difference with height and the handling is so!!!! much better

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have moved to the Metzler ME880 Marathon tires, front and rear. 200x55x17 on the rear. To early to tell milleage, but performance is good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been using the stock dunlop tires on my 2006 strat, but this time went with the Bridgestones listed as OEM replacements. I have a new bike. With the dunlops, when I ride I lean into the turn and the bike would go down to a certain point easily, and then you had to push it harder to get it down more. Still rode and handled great, but just the way it rode. I had a 1997 Valkyrie before this bike, and I love my Strat. Also, when exiting a turn, the bike would kinda stand back up on its own. So I get the bridgestones on, and go for a ride, WHOAH! I was riding with my 10 year old son on the back, and I pulled over, because I thought he must be moving around on the back. My 16 yr old son who was riding on his own bike said that Thomas was not moving. So I kept riding, and it took me a couple miles to get use to it. I live in the mountains on a great twisty road. When I lean into a turn, the bike just leans, goes right down, and it will go down to the pegs if I let it, easily. I can't tell you how much more fun riding has become with these tires, feel so much more sporty. I really feel like I am smoothly digging into the corners, and not having to push my weight over as much. Anyway, thought I would share.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you will be fine with 200, I have been runnin a 200 /55R/17 michlein commanderII for last 3 years or so with nope problems. Had to go with Metzler 888 for front.
worked well together. Michlein never held up any better so I am not sure what Ill try next, lol thats why Im in here reading

1 - 13 of 13 Posts