Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2014 Street Glide. My question is: does anyone have any advice about seat lowering options? My inseam is pretty short, and this bike is way wider than my M50, so I can't flat foot it in stock form. The Harley "reach seat" is just very uncomfortable--it just pushes you forward, jamming the family jewels into the tank. I don't need "forward," I need "down." Anyone have any suggestions? Aftermarket seat? Local custom upholstery shop? Thoughts...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
there are far too many seats to list here. off the h-d shelf the badlander and sidekick are lower than stock. any of the custom shops can make what you need.

theres some room at the shock level to work. and a few lowering kits out there.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Probably the best seats for the money on the planet.... Motorcycle Seats - Mustang
I would email Mustang and ask them what they have for you.
I wore out three stock seats on my Electra over the course of 160,000 miles and finally bought a new Mustang,been kicking myself for not doing it years ago,what a difference!
Now at 175,000 miles on the bike it's got 15K on it and just broke in nice,very comfy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was checking out Mustang's website last night. I think that's probably going to be the route. I've also seen a few of those drop seat kits out there, but it apparently requires some frame removal and replacement with the kit parts. Not sure I want to go that way. Looks like a call to Mustang is in order. Thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was checking out Mustang's website last night. I think that's probably going to be the route. I've also seen a few of those drop seat kits out there, but it apparently requires some frame removal and replacement with the kit parts. Not sure I want to go that way. Looks like a call to Mustang is in order. Thanks!
I've got a mustang on my m50. Got a couple thousand miles on with it now, wish I had done this the day I bought the bike. I would highly recommend one.

Lowering a street glide seems a little iffy to me...they already have the slammed suspension. Might work, might not...but will probably look a little funny. If it's only an inch or two you're needing to lower, then the seat seems the most logical solution.

Best of luck to you, let us know how it all turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts