Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid me was in a rush late for appointment forgot I put cable lock around tire & fork in my 1997 suzuki bandit 1200. I started to try to ride off but fell ******* over on right side! Bent right turn signal into corner so won't turn handlebars fully and cant figure out how to bend them back without further damaging fairing.
Bent right brake level a little maybe? Broke faring right side. Some gas leaked, but not leaking upright.

Now there is a occasional knock sound when running. Can hear it at 20-21 second mark in video I took a few hours after happened. Video is here - well that is horribly lame! Stupid forum is blocking me from simply including link to my youtube video of it. Dumb design!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestions? What is knock? How to safely bend turn signal back? What may knock sound be and fix?

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Hard to help without hearing the knock...perhaps something is loose from the drop. Indicator is also hard to help with without pics...as a new member you cant post pics...I think...until several posts...if you can post the name of your YouTube then it can be accessed and help may be more easily given. From memory....my 02 Bandit1200 indicators were well clear of the handlebars so maybe they are different.

·
Super Moderator
13,450 Posts
Pictures and videos are good but a really LOT of things can't be properly analyzed by remote control and text messages.

I suggest that you really NEED a shop to look at/listen to your various problems.
I don't suppose you have full coverage insurance ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.