Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a few days ago I bought Suzuki Boulevard C50T 2006. It worked very well until today. When I talked to the old owner he said that the two small headlights are not working because of some wires issue. But he said it's easy to fix it. So, today I opened the main headlight to check the wires and I opened the covers around the battery as well. I checked and I wasn't able to fix the problem so I put everything back. So far so good. But when I tried to start the engine, the problems started. The engine starts for a few seconds an stops by itself. I can start it several times and every time stops after few seconds. What could be the problem?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,160 Posts
I assume that you put this duplicate post here because the first one was under "Kawasaki".
I will delete the other one.

A lot of things could be the problem but most likely it has nothing to do with the headlight wiring.
My guess is a fuel problem. Does it have carbs or fuel injection ?
Do the lights stay on and bright when it stalls out ?
Could be an electrical problem with a loose wire going open from the vibrations.

THIS is why I always council AGAINST buying any used vehicle where the owner says "It only needs (anything)....."
because if it really is an easy fix, he should take care of it BEFORE the sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A lot of things could be the problem but most likely it has nothing to do with the headlight wiring...
Yeah, I'm sorry. At first I put it in a wrong place.
Me too I don't think the problem is linked with the headlight, but that happened when I opened the headlight to check the wires.
So the bike is injection. What I saw today is when I put the key on ON position, in the moment I deactivate the kill switch, the valve that supplies air to the engine start opens. This takes a few seconds. I can start the engine and during this time the engine runs until the valve stops. No matter whether I give more gas or the engine will run at normal rpm, after few seconds turns off.
I hope I was able to explain it.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
If you can identify the valve you mentioned then it will help. I wonder if the noise you hear is the fuel pump priming the system? If so I suspect the fuel is cutting off and that may be something to do with the fuel pressure regulator/sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys,
I managed to solve the problem. So I opened all the places I had opened yesterday and I pushed every single wire of every connector and terminal. And it worked. I have no idea which one exactly was the problem, but at least the bike is running now. Thank you for your time guys! ✌

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Great result....thanks for the update...valuable info for others.

·
Super Moderator
13,160 Posts
And just FYI, that "valve" that you are talking about likely is the compression release.
That is something that most bikes don't have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And just FYI, that "valve" that you are talking about likely is the compression release.
That is something that most bikes don't have.
That valve I'm talking about is under the fuel tank and it's after the air filter. So the air passes through the filter and goes to this valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts