Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki Boulevard C90 2006
Looking to replace the factory stock handlebars to a 12" mini apes.
Anyone knows if stock cables / wires would work/ reach without going to replacing them?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
13,783 Posts
It likely will be close.
Get the bars and then "eye it up" before you disconnect anything.
If there is ANY chance that any of the cables will bind........don't do it.

·
Super Moderator
13,783 Posts
Thanks for your reply! I've decided to go with 10" bars. my main purpose is comfort rather than style at this time.
Well, IF you end up in a riding position that is too straight up......and you don't have a windshield that is very effective (or none at all)....AND you ride on the highway much, you will soon find that you shoulders and neck get VERY sore because of having to fight the wind.
A friend told me that once. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking to replace mine too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. I now know how to do it . 1- you have to replace/ extend front hydraulic brakes hose(s) assembly complete unit cost approximately $140.00 2- replace/ extend clutch hose approximate cost $70.00 3- throttle cable push pull approximate cost $125+- . Handlebars I’ll be doing 14” hangers chrome (not powder coated black) from $80 on Amazon to $200 meathook style from domestic builders. eBay has imported from Chayna for $150. which I wouldn’t buy from them due to covi d shyt they pulled on us. If you’re serious about doing the project stay in touch and I’ll give all the local companies who I bought my replacement parts from.
good luck and Good bless
Let’s go Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, IF you end up in a riding position that is too straight up......and you don't have a windshield that is very effective (or none at all)....AND you ride on the highway much, you will soon find that you shoulders and neck get VERY sore because of having to fight the wind.
A friend told me that once. :rolleyes:
I added extenders to the risers on my M50 and ride it at 70mph with no windshield. No neck or shoulder problems. I do wear a full face helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts