Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellow Riders,

I own a 2013 Suzuki Intruder M800 (M50 Boulevard) in Pakistan. I purchased this bike 6 months ago from the 1st owner. Had very few miles on it so I guess it kept sitting in his garage for long periods. A few days ago, the bike'e engine suddenly died and leaving me to a roadside breakdown. I was lucky enough to get a mechanic help me revive the bike. The engine starter worked, but the fuel pump simply won't work. After exhaustive trouble shooting on the workshop bench, the mechanic found the fuel pump was working fine but a bad / corroded thermistor connection as shown in the picture below was causing the fuel pump to stop working. A simple solder solved the problem. I have very little technical knowledge so googled to learn about thermistors and found that their essential function inside the fuel tank is to trigger the low fuel warning when the fuel level drops below where they are placed inside the tank. I am still a little confused why a bad connection on a thermistor could stop the actual fuel pump from working. Oddly, none of the troubleshooting steps on the service manual indicate checking a faulty thermistor.

If any of you have faced a similar issue, please do share.....

Thank you
IMG-20200108-WA0009.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be a safety device to keep from ruining the fuel pump by running it dry.
Yes, I am also of the same opinion. Just wanted to share my experience so anyone experiencing fuel pump issues should also check if the thermistor is working correctly. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts