Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced the stock seat with the Suzuki Gel seat. Was looking at a Mustang Seat but couldn't see paying so much. Ended up getting this from oneidasuzuki.com for 165.00 I think it was worth it. It uses the same seat pan as the one that comes on the bike, it's just a lot thinner padding. It feels harder at first but with the gel it must make it up. It does feel better then the stock seat in my opinion. I know my butt feels better with this seat. I don't have the back seat on but you do get a new one also at that price but it doesn't have any gel in it. You can see the gel in the pic's from the outline of the stiching in the seat. The rear seat also has the same stiching design in it.
You can see how much more of a recess the seat has. You sit about an inch lower.

· Registered
94 Posts
I must say that after 3K miles that I'm interested in a new saddle! Have you took it out for any long 200+ mile rides yet? Just curious how much of a difference it is over the stock one.

Thanks, Ralph

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No most I have ridden it is about 75 miles so far. But at least for me I can tell a difference in the feel. It also makes you sit in the seat if you know what I mean from the way it is shaped. With the back seat on it supports your back even a little more. You can use the stock back seat also. It has more padding then the seat that comes with the gel seat. I don't like reccomending something like a seat because everybody is different, all I can tell you is I think it feels better to me. And If it didn't I would tell you that also so you don't waste your money. Hope this helps.

· Registered
53 Posts
fjm3rd said:
I replaced the stock seat with the Suzuki Gel seat.
It just occurred to me that this message was somewhere on the board after I already posted a message about this seat. So... I'll ask you. Can you tell how much of the seat is leather and how much is vinyl. In the accessorie catalog for the gel seat for the c50t it lists it as leather/vinyl.

Thanks for whatever you may be able to tell me about it. :smile:

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not leather at all it's made out of the same material as the stock seat. It uses the same seat pan as the stock one and the vinyl is stapled to the underside just like the stock seat. Only difference is the gel in the middle of the seat where the stitching is around it like the pictures show.

· Registered
53 Posts
fjm3rd said:
It's not leather at all it's made out of the same material as the stock seat. It uses the same seat pan as the stock one and the vinyl is stapled to the underside just like the stock seat. Only difference is the gel in the middle of the seat where the stitching is around it like the pictures show.
Thanks. The picture has a "leather look" but it can be hard to really tell just by a picture.

· Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my stock seat after one ride on my Volusia. Tail bone was killing me. Got the Gel seat with conchos from Oneida for $165 and really like it. Just did a 450 mile run this Saturday to "Tail of the Dragon". 14 hrs. round trip and not soar. Well worth the $$$$.
Bugsplat

· Registered
1,668 Posts
fjm3rd said:
Yeah after having the seat for a few weeks I can say now that it is a heck of alot more comfortable then the stock seat. Now I got to figure out what to do with the stock seat.
Ebay :mrgreen:

· Registered
5 Posts
I found a guy on Ebay that said he can get them cheap he had my gixer seat cheap. Here is an auction number for one of his auctions 4557642401 look him up. when i bought he said anyone from suzuki bikes.com gets parts for 15% above cost. he will take care of you.

· Registered
48 Posts
I've been examining the stock seat. I can't believe a large manufacturer like Suzuki could design the seat mountings this badly without it being on purpose. It's obviously designed to bang the tailbone of the rider. Good marketing strategy to make a killing with the sale of their gel seat. I've been pushing the wife to buy a Mustang seat even if it's twice the price of the gel seat cause that kind of marketing ploy just p.... me off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.