Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am new here and I have some questions. Last week I bought a Suzuki GS450 L, year 1987. Bike is great, but its 26 years old and it has some things to repair. I need a new throttle cable and I found some things on ebay, but now is the issue about model years. I need the throttle cable for Suzuki GS450 L, year 1987 and there is many Offers for throttle cables for 1980-83. Are these throttle cables the same for all models ( 1980 - 1987 )??? :roll: When I checked the models history, I saw that all dimensions and datas are the same:

Suzuki GS450L model history

What do you think?

Best regards

·
Super Moderator
13,458 Posts
Are these throttle cables the same for all models ( 1980 - 1987 )???
Check an online parts catalog.....like BikeBandit or contact your local Suzuki dealer.
They can probably get a NEW one for you and the extra cost might not be that much.
I like to support my local dealer whenever possible......so that they will still BE there when I really need them later. :bluethum:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a 87 gs 450l and if I'm not mistaken all the 450's have the same carbs. That's a good bike man. It's ball zone for a 450. There's not to many cruisers that have enough ass to pick up the front tire. I could walk mine like crazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi! I am not from States and thats why I didnt understand what you wrote:

It's ball zone for a 450. There's not to many cruisers that have enough ass to pick up the front tire. I could walk mine like crazy.

Regards from Slovenia ( Europe ) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts