Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Steve thank you so much for helping me!!! It turned out that the brushes on the starter were not touching so i cleaned it all up and she fired up and i finally got to take it for a ride. it certainly made me feel good to fix it myself. The weather is getting better now but that could change, I do live in Canada!!! I do have to check out the charging system on it, my battery was dead this morning! not a big deal atleast i got the bike working its my 2nd bike the 1st was a 450 i rode for two months and never touched it with a wrench. this 750 has way more power.... thanks again for your help, you and rowdy....

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello there
I am new too with bikes and I have similar issue. I will like to see pics of the carburetors and its connection of gas or vacuum. I read what u guys are talking about but I dont get it. Please can somebody take a pic so I can see these connections? Thanks

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
You are replying to a thread that is almost four years old... I somehow don't think you are going to get a reply from the OP. You could try the microfiche parts lists that should still be stickied at the top of this section. Generally the vacuum pipe is a smaller one that is atached to a port on carb four...the last one on the right. This port is usually on the right hand side of that carb near the inlet manifold. The fuel line is usually quiet a bit bigger diameter than this pipe and attaches to the fuel valve/tap on the underside of the fuel tank. The vacuum pipe should attach to the valve at the rear...but not always....look for a small nipple off to one side or the rear of the fuel valve. If there isn't one you may have an on off tap that requires no vacuum to operate it and is manually switched on and off

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
1983 Suzuki gs750e Low Idle

Hey there,
I have a 1983 suzuki gs750e that i just picked up. I put on some new lights, new rectifier and new turn signals and gave it a new paint job. Everything was running well but it seems that at low rpm if I am at a light it will stall out and then just start again easily. I've tried looking in the manual but can't find where I can increase the idle on the carbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to try to adjust the carb before i have to take them apart.
Kal

·
Registered
2 Posts
1983 Suzuki GS750E Low Idle

Hey there,
I am new to the form so thank you all for your patience. I recently got this bike and wanted to pretty it up a little while I was waiting on some parts to come in. So I painted it gas tank too. I swirled out the tank with fresh gas before I reassembled it. I also installed a new rectifier, new head light and new turn signals.
I started it up no problem just had to put the choke on and crank it for a bit. Now When I took my bike out for a ride at low rpm say sitting at a light it would stall. This didn't happen until about 5 minutes into my ride after I filled the tank up with gas. Driving around has no problem 100km hr great. I did notice when i cracked it and got into high rpm the oil light came on. but when I switched gears it turned off. Thats all relevant information I have. I tried to find how to adjust the carbs to increase the low idle but there isn't anything in the manual about it.

My question is where is the screw that I can adjust to increase the idle?
Is the oil light coming on a sign of a bigger issue?

Kal

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Usually the idle screw/knob is on the outer LH carb...was on my bandit. You are looking for a single bolt/screw alternitive is try and find a microfich site so you can get an exploded view of your carbs.

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
My question is where is the screw that I can adjust to increase the idle?
Is the oil light coming on a sign of a bigger issue?
It is seldom productive to post the same question in more than one place.....and it's somewhat rude to jump on the end of an un-related thread. Maybe a moderator will move this to your other thread.

Yes there should be an idle speed adjustment screw or knob. Or most bikes, it's fairly obvious.....somewhere near the carbs.
It needs to be set to the proper speed when the engine is HOT.......and with all the equipment in place; in particular the stock air filter.

It is always possible that you got a bad batch of gas.
Some carb cleaner might be in order. I like Berrymans B12 Chemtool.
Along with that, it might be a good idea to drain the float bowls too.

As for the oil light, have you actually checked the oil level, using the proper technique described in the book ??
And what exactly is "high RPM" where you noticed the light ??

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Post was a while ago.... but look for a screw/black plastic knurled knob that pushes against a single tab/lever or similar that acts on all carbs. This will turn the pully that the throttle cables attach to, to raise or lower the idle. Usualy this screw/knob will be on the LH side carb of the bike while sitting on it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts