Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled carb apart and cleaned it and tried to start the bike this kept spitting gas out of it so I pulled gas tank off and it started and ran till it ran out of fuel. Dither front carb has the same outlet with nothing comming out of it does anyone have an idea what this is? Yes I know there’s a bolt missing going to pick one up after it’s running nicely

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i figured out it was just an overflow. My new problem is the bike was running and idling fine without the air filter on so i reinstalled it and then it would idle for a good minute then died. Battery died after trying it a few times. Thinking about just bringing it into the shop any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
12,155 Posts
So i figured out it was just an overflow. My new problem is the bike was running and idling fine without the air filter on so i reinstalled it and then it would idle for a good minute then died. Battery died after trying it a few times. Thinking about just bringing it into the shop any thoughts?
So what did you do to solve the original overflow problem ??

The "fix" for that might have created the new problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn’t do anything It just stopped i figured maybe the float wasn’t closing right for a second but I could be wrong. This is my first street bike and first time doing maintenance one so I’m really new to it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also thinking maybe it’s stalling because the battery is going bad or wasn’t charged enough so I threw it in a trickle charger over night

·
Super Moderator
12,155 Posts
I didn’t do anything It just stopped i figured maybe the float wasn’t closing right for a second but I could be wrong.
And now maybe a float is stuck closed....or mostly closed.....so that once it burns the fuel that has accumulated in the bowl no more comes in, or it trickles in VERY slowly.

Definitely sounds like a fuel flow problem.

IF.....you are going to do your own maintenance, you NEED a multi-meter so you can measure voltages instead of just guessing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres an update so it was the battery it stays running now but when i rev it up now its backfiring alot so i turned it off and looking for a mechanic to take a look at it and fix it :huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts