Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm new on here, so hello and thanks in advance for your help! Years ago I lost the cushion off the sissy-bar/backrest for my Suzuki Intruder VS800 (1994). It just flew off when I was on the north circular one day... not ideal.

I've finally got round to ordering a new part but I think there's another bit missing which means I can't for the life of me work out how to fit my new cushion. The space behind the cushion used to house the Suzuki tool kit (which I've also sadly lost). Can anyone help me understand which bit is missing and how I go about finding it and fitting all my new parts?

Photos attached of the bike, the missing bit, 2 parts I managed to salvage from the original set-up, and the cushion which arrived in the post today.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well, and thank you again for all your help.

Lisa
92BDEACD-BB9B-49C8-BCD3-6C22C0C678E6.jpg
THKuCs49QKuGODGwbu2Yqw.jpg
HO%jR2ONR2WXvyQ101vLzQ.jpg
NnjIqZRhQqOW5G4cBsCERA.jpg
k+DLZN69QvGKmH6IUi2p8Q.jpg
LSJrFOy6To6X+toRW3w7aQ.jpg

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I would suggest it was simply a plastic bag to hold the tools held in place by the rubber strap shown fitted to two lugs on the actual back rest base. I cannot see if both are still there...if one has broken off it may explain why the cusion and the tool kit flew off. If it is broken off a new base will be the only way to go. The bag complete with tools will act as a filler to stop the cusion floating around when fitted. As for the rubber block item it shaould have a faint outline on the base to show where it used to be fitted. Failing this a trip to a dealer who has the same device fitted to a similar model may yield some clue.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts