Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Yes, the Intruder VS800 and the S50 VS800 are identical except for some minor changes, like the risers and handlebars; the turn signals; the fake air cleaner toolbox on the side of the motor; a different seat; and the tank emblems. The sissy bar is now an extra-cost option on the S50, where it used to be free on the Intruder.

·
Banned
647 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Easy. Insurance company said after the accident, that repairs would cost more than the value of the bike. :roll:

For the nonsarcastic reply and to keep a long story short (so as to not hijack this thread), let's just say I was in a left lane of 2 lanes going north, when a person in a car on my right at an intersection making a right hand turn, made a legal right-hand turn, then as I incorrectly assumed it was safe to proceed, they decided they wanted to dart over into my path of travel.

Pics here if you're interested in seeing them. I was able to purchase the bike back from insurance company so I can pull my custom parts off. I've already bought all (I think) the parts necessary to fix it...but since I have little time to do so, I just bought another VS800 instead. I'll offer my crashed bike with the parts to fix it for sale once I get my custom parts off. More than likely, I'll just ask the salvage price + spare parts price, which'll be around $1200. :)

·
Banned
647 Posts
man that bike thats totalled doesnt look too bad.. shame about what happened to it. Nice looking bike.. if it was a bigger engine i'd jump on that deal for 1200.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nope, looks great...mostly cosmetic damage....and labor charges, to get it to a $3500 repair bill. It was cheaper for the insurance company to give me the NADA price for it. They did give me an almost fair value for it, though, I did have to give $975 back to them just to keep it. The parts I've bought were a few hundred bucks, hence, I'll try to get the ~$1200 back out of it that I have into it. Somebody will get a great bike, wonderful engine, and perhaps a new hobby for $1200.

But...realize, a few of those parts you see will transfer to my new bike:
custom gas tank, crash bars (even scratched, they are better than none), carbs (mine were rejetted, so I'm swapping them out), custom seat, and a few chrome do-dads that weren't damaged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 1994 intruder 800 and was wondering if a 1997 motor will work i believe but want to make sure before I buy it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts