Motorcycle Forum banner

Suzuki Katana GSX 600f electrical problem...help please!

15K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  spndr001 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought this bike and there are 4 wires that look to have been cut. 1 wire is a red with a black stripe, one is a yellow wire. These 2 are coming from a plug directly in front of the steering column. To the left are a solid blue and a solid white. In addition to this, the are 2 black wires with white strips merging into a male connector end and they are just sitting there not hooked to anything. Along with that, there is a grey wire next to those 2 in the same condition. Can anyone help. Supposedly after these wires are correctly hooked up, the bike will start and run. Anyone with a scematics for a 91 Katana GSX 600f?

#4 ·
hmmmm Well, nothing happens when you try to start it right now. I do have a guy who can get her running again relatively cheap, but I want to try and learn how to myself. I am a little impatient to start riding it though, so I may just let him have at it.

#5 ·
I can post pics tomorrow when its light out

#7 ·
I think maybe I'll just take notes

#10 ·
I think love you. lol

#11 ·
Well I figured out that the blue and white wires are the left turn sig's. I had power when I pushed the breaker button in front of the battery. I dont have headlights, so I think the red with black stripe and the yellow and black stripe wires in front go to the headlamp. The starter wont start the bike though. I'm scared to try and push start it. Besides, it has been sitting for about a month, so it might take more time and energy than I am ready to initiate. I gues I'll leave it to the professionals to finnish up.

#12 ·
Problems are all solved. I am the man. Who needs professionals. lol I probably will eventually.

#15 ·
The bike runs good. All electrical is fixed and the bike is running. I replaced the plugs, but she still is missing. I guess I need to have the fuel injectors cleaned

#18 ·
The bike runs good. All electrical is fixed and the bike is running. I replaced the plugs, but she still is missing. I guess I need to have the fuel injectors cleaned
If the US spec is the same as the UK spec, It should be carbs not fuel injection?? so put some carb cleaner through the carbs with the fuel, have heard the name seafoam mentioned on the forum for doing this job. You could try it first before stripping the carbs down.

#19 ·
Yeah I tried that. I sent the bike to have the carbs run through. It should be good as new in no time. Me and my best mate are riding the dragon this Sunday here in Gatlinburg. Pretty stoked!

#21 ·
Thankx, I can't wait

#22 ·
Just got the bike back from having the carbs gone through. weeeeeeeeeee! She purrs like a tiger

#24 ·
indeed

#25 ·
Now the carbs are freakin out! It runs, but it has no power. I have to downshift on the hwy going up hill. I had the carbs cleaned and it seemed ok with the exception of a blown plug. Today, I replaced the plug and grrrrrrrr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.