Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Recently I changed the original indicator in my Suzuki Van Van for a eBay replacement (regular bulbs, not LEDs). I had to cut through the old cable and connect them to the replacement.
They are working fine in the emergency mode, but when I switch them to turn (left and right) they are flashing at much higher rate.
I’m not quite sure what’s the problem.
I will appreciate any advise.

·
Super Moderator
12,678 Posts
What exactly is a "Van Van" ?

Are you positively sure they are not LEDs ?

Why are you changing them ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suzuki Van Van 125 is a name of that model.
I’m sure its not LEDs.
Because indicators were scratched and I’m trying to sell it.

·
Super Moderator
12,678 Posts
There really are only two possible causes:
The wiring change you made wasn't done right......but if both front and rear are flashing at full brightness, that isn't too likely. If they are not flashing too bright, that might mean that the ground wires aren't right.

So that leaves us with the new bulbs drawing a LOT less current than the originals.

IF.....you can find the flasher module and take it to an auto parts store, you might be able to get an electronic replacement that will fix the problem. That is a car parts store.....NOT a bike shop.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The most likely reason why your bike now has different blinking rates when only 2 bulbs (left front/rear or right front/rear) blink versus 4 bulbs (both fronts and and both rears) is that the E-Bay one is designed to remain lit when you have a burnt out bulb. The flash rate is depended upon the combined internal resistance of all bulbs flashing at the time.

The OEM flasher will blink steadily whether you have a load on it or not. If the rate on the E-Bay one is a little faster than in all bulb signal flasher mode but still acceptable, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.
Recently I changed the original indicator in my Suzuki Van Van for a eBay replacement (regular bulbs, not LEDs). I had to cut through the old cable and connect them to the replacement.
They are working fine in the emergency mode, but when I switch them to turn (left and right) they are flashing at much higher rate.
I’m not quite sure what’s the problem.
I will appreciate any advise.
Bad connection. Same result if one bulb blows. Ensure replacements are same power.QUOTE][/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts