Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me some pics with the extra fairings on the bike? Im interested in if it looks better or not. Im new to Suzuki bikes, so bear with me

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can't wait to get lowers for my SV... unfortunately the OEM ones cost more than a full race kit... I'm half tempted to just buy the race kit and do a rattle can job.. fab mounts... lights... nice custom look..

·
Registered
6 Posts
My buddy bought his SVS off Ebay. I think he paid 100 USD (for lower plastics) 75 (for the front end not including headlights) 20 (USD) for the tail section (both sides together) and 80 for the "lowered" kickstand. (once again USD) Now the gas tank is another story. (hence the reason he is rockin a yellow tank on a now blue bike) that will run 375 USD plus shipping nearly everywhere he checked. I couldn't get him to tell me where he checked so I could go elsewhere but... So with him it is either 5 bucks or 500 bucks. can't help ya there sorry. As I look at it with him and my bike....all you want to do can be done its just what ya wanna spend!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Now if he would just paint it yellow, it's be F'in awesome. ;)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Louis, you might want to get frame sliders for your SV.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not if your slider is made of stainless steel.

Yeah, "flame slider"... what the heck was I smoking....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really like the looks of the lower fairings.

Louis, did you install them yourself? And if so, how difficult was it? I'm by no means a mechanic (and don't know any), have no garage space, but probably have access to appropriate wrenches (from the building super).

Or should I just bite the bullet and take the job to the Suzuki service department?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do it yourself, save the cash. I personally dont have them on my bike, but from what I understand they area a pretty straight forward install......

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are they worth it? I mean, the S is half (or quarter?) faired, but is the other half that big of a difference?
I say do whatever floats your boat ;) I personally dont think its worth the money either but they do look cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts