Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. im new to these forums, and the sv650 so i have a few questions.
Ive searched around for a while now for a new bike. ( currently i have a 94 cbrf2) and i test drove a 07 sv650s, and really loved it. But i really like the standard sv650 and its street fighter look.
I know the performance dosnt differ in between the two, but with the not so sporty lean angle, will i still be able to hit the twisties as well as the s? and during my test drive i didnt really get to unleash the v twin power. Do you think ill be missing my cbrs performance?

thanks in advance! :)

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I thought the two had the same ergonomics now. Anyway, you really shouldn't be scraping pegs on the street anyway. With proper technique you should be able to tear it up just fine.

Welcome to M-J!

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you like the naked version, get the naked version. You could easily put clipons and raise the rearsets for a lot less than the extra money you would have spent on the S model. My bet is that you wouldnt though. Its not necessary IMO.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a naked and a buddy has the S we trade off all the time and I run the same times/speed on both no real differance in the corners.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
I thought the two had the same ergonomics now. Anyway, you really shouldn't be scraping pegs on the street anyway. With proper technique you should be able to tear it up just fine.

Welcome to M-J!
The SV and SVS still have different ergos. The SVSF replaces the SVS with a full fairing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would go for the Naked unless you are totally in love with the S look and feel.

Less money, same bike, better comfort and ergo.

This to be aware though, riding naked can be tire some in high winds and very cold in the winter...

Also, the Naked rear mirrors are a bit better but not by much so you will still have that issue of limited rear visibility.

I think in the end the Naked is the better option...

I will go back to the SV word, but I am waiting until a new revised model comes along...

does anything body knows if the 2009 model will be redone or would it be the same style ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I brought both my boys sv650's home from the dealer and with the exception of the handle bars the bikes are basically the same. The svs puts too much weight on my wrists, but the sv has no wind deflector, so as was posted, riding in high wind or 60deg's or less you'll need a good jacket and either ski/biker pants. This is the place I buy my accessories. It's not all leather either.:welcomes:

Motorcycle & Leather Clothing Store - Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Biker Boots, Leather Pants & Chaps

·
Registered
22 Posts
I brought both my boys sv650's home from the dealer and with the exception of the handle bars the bikes are basically the same. The svs puts too much weight on my wrists, but the sv has no wind deflector, so as was posted, riding in high wind or 60deg's or less you'll need a good jacket and either ski/biker pants. This is the place I buy my accessories. It's not all leather either.:welcomes:

Motorcycle & Leather Clothing Store - Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Biker Boots, Leather Pants & Chaps
tag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts