Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

October 29, 2013

Norton Motorcycles has shipped its first batch of Commando 961 models to the U.S.

The shipment, Norton’s first in the U.S. in more than 30 years, came Oct. 23. The bikes are headed for Norton’s nine U.S. dealerships:
Munroe Motors in San Francisco;
South Bay Norton in Lomita, Calif.;
GP Motorcycles in San Diego;
RPM Cycle in Farmers Branch, Texas;
MCC Motorcycle Centre in Villa Park, Ill.;
Falcone Powersports in Indianapolis;
Trebour Motorcycles in Ledgewood, N.J.;
Gold Coast Motorsports in New Hyde Park, N.Y.;
Hinshaw’s Motorcycle Store in Auburn, Wash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I called RPM Cycle in Dallas as soon as I heard the news. They haven't received any word on when they will be receiving their bikes or even how many they will be getting. They did add me to the "call list" so hopefully I will hear something soon.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Norton has only been building 500 bikes a year total (less than 10 a week), and has dealerships in 14 countries. So I'm afraid we will be seeing these bikes come across the Atlantic in a mere trickle. I expect each dealership will get no more than a handful to start, and that the sticker price will be around $23,000.00. I'd love to ride one...but the closest dealership is about 700 miles away. :-? Guess I just have to hope they catch on and a dealership opens here locally...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
wow a mfg installing a nice suspension out of the factory!.

• 43mm Öhlins USD forks
  • Adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping
  • Fully machined billet yokes
  • Öhlins reservoir-style twin shocks
  • Adjustable ride height, preload, compression and rebound

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah when I talk to the Dallas dealer they threw about $19k and I bet that was before any markup that they will try and get :/

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Looks sweet, nearest dealer to me is only about 150 miles so I might have to go see one in person.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Think you might find the prices are a bit more than this.
Still, in the UK a Commando is £15000 and that is about $24000 US.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Quite right, usually the price is much more than the conversion rate.
Certainly in this part of the wold.
And then there's dealer mark up, if there's big demand for these bikes and I think there will be at first ,the prices will be what the dealers think they can get for them.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
High maintenance but man were they fun to ride. A good friend of mine had an early '70s Commando I rode as much as he did back in the dark ages; loved that bike.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts