Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should have never been dropped from the lineup IMO.
Good to see it back but that ugly exhaust borrowed from the switchback needs to go in favor of traditional staggered duals.
Of course the stock exhaust is usually the first bit to get canned on a Harley anyway when the stage one upgrade gets done. :cool:
$14,199 2014 Dyna Low Rider | Low Seat | Harley-Davidson USA

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Sweet bike!! Yea Harleys usually don't leave the dealership til the pipes have been changed which gives honda cx500 and GL500 riders a good supply of Harley pipes to change to. My '82 GL500 Silverwing has Harley cans on it.:cool:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Too bad you can't buy one at list price of $14,199 or less. Central Arkansas dealers have several on the showroom, at least $1000 over list before any accessories at both dealers. I go into the local (Conway) dealership frequently to buy parts, unless attitudes at the HD dealerships I have my one and only Harley. The parts guy Is nice though.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad you can't buy one at list price of $14,199 or less. Central Arkansas dealers have several on the showroom, at least $1000 over list before any accessories at both dealers. I go into the local (Conway) dealership frequently to buy parts, unless attitudes at the HD dealerships I have my one and only Harley. The parts guy Is nice though.
Harley dealers and no different than car dealers or other brand motorcycle dealers.
Supply and demand dictates what they can ask for any given machine.
I can and if I could afford it probably would by a new Lowrider at the MSRP of $14,199 from a local dealer here that sells bikes ordered through them at MSRP.
Some reviews starting with Cycle World.
2014 Harley-Davidson Low Rider- First Ride Review- Photos- Specs

2014 Harley-Davidson Low Rider First Ride - Motorcycle USA

2014 Harley-Davidson Low Rider | First Ride Review

2014 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider | motorcycle review @ Top Speed

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Harleys look good and the quality is much better than the AMF days or so I've been told but they are out of my price range. I ride by the dealer on baseline in Little Rock all the time and think about stopping in to look around but I'm afraid sticker shock would kill me.:lol4:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Harleys look good and the quality is much better than the AMF days or so I've been told but they are out of my price range. I ride by the dealer on baseline in Little Rock all the time and think about stopping in to look around but I'm afraid sticker shock would kill me.:lol4:
I dunno,they are priced close to metric bikes of the same style/size and in some cases even less (Gold Wing VS Electraglide for instance).
They just haven't had any midsize or small bikes for a long time but that will be changing with the new smaller revolution bikes in 500cc & 750cc on the way for 2015.
Grand Rapids Harley-Davidson | New dealership in Hudsonville, MI 49426

·
Registered
729 Posts
Stop in there at Landers some time, nice people. BTW I spent the first 40 years of my life living on Arch St., Landmark community.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I can't afford a new one either so I buy used. I look for a low mileage, good condition whatever I'm looking for and work a deal. I'm investigating my next bike to be purchased later this year. There are three choices in the mix. A pre-2006 Wide Glide, a V-Strom 1000 and a Triumph Speedmaster. The Wide Glide has the edge since I enjoy my Street Bob so much.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I bought my M50 new from a dealer in 2008. It was in the back still in the crate. They broke it out and got it ready that afternoon for me. All my other bikes are old so of course they were used when I bought them. I only have tags on my '08 M50 and my '82 gl500 silverwing. I haven't tagged my '75 goldwing yet and will probably be a while. It's hard enough keeping up with 2. LOL.:shock:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does'nt look all that different than my 81 Lowrider shovel but I'll bet it's a bit smoother and less tiring on distant runs. List price on 1981 LR about 6000.00 bucks. My friend has a 97 dyna LR really great all around bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts