Motorcycle Forum banner

The Motorcycle that was used in Will Smith's I,ROBOT movie

19K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  red7eb 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Actually, the bike looks like the Ducati 999. Maybe someone can post a picture of it here - I haven't figured out how to do that yet :oops:

But speaking of iROBOT bikes, did any of you watch the episode of American Choppers (Disc channel), where O.C.C. did the iROBOT bike for Will Smith?? Talk about a SWEEEEEET Chopper! :D

#6 ·
I didnt get to see that episode but i heard about it, Man this bike is sick it looked awesome in the movie and even better in that pic. :shock: And it does look more like a Ducati 999 :)

#12 ·
el barto said:
American Chopper built a motorcycle for the premiere of I Robot too. How was the movie by the way?
Haven't seen the movie yet, myself.

Are you sure we're not talking about the same show with building the bikes? The Tuttles (sp?) - of O.C.C. - took theirs to the actual movie premier and presented it to Will Smith before the opening. American Chopper IS the name of the series that features Orange County Choppers... :)

Here's a pic:

#13 ·
red7eb said:
el barto said:
American Chopper built a motorcycle for the premiere of I Robot too. How was the movie by the way?
Haven't seen the movie yet, myself.

Are you sure we're not talking about the same show with building the bikes? The Tuttles (sp?) - of O.C.C. - took theirs to the actual movie premier and presented it to Will Smith before the opening. American Chopper IS the name of the series that features Orange County Choppers... :)

Here's a pic:

Yeah, You are right, it was OCC that built the bike, but it was an American Chopper episode on Discovery channel. Mikey Tuttle makes me laugh. Did he ever pass the MSF course or get his license yet?

#15 ·
I've watched American Chopper too. But you got to wonder how these bikes hold up in the long run. One off parts and welding vs. Production tested parts and welding process.

#17 ·
I saw OCC a month ago in Lake George. Up close, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was gonna be. They just looked like "some bike," to me. I don't know, to me if you are going to make something it has to serve a purpose. I don't feel like what they make really serves any purpose. Maybe I'm just being negative but their stuff gets so crazy I can't justify how we can all think its cool to make a virtually useless machine. :(

#19 ·
Yeah, I like watching the show, but I wouldn't ever want one of their bikes.

Does anyone watch the Great Biker Build-off shows? I think they are also on Discovery. Russell Mitchell of Exile bikes built a kick ass bike... :shock:

I'll try to find a good pic of it to post...

#22 ·
I remember watching that episode on Great Biker Build-off. Didn't that bike have an integrated clutch or something like that? I think I also remember that the rear fender was mounted to close to the top of the tire and destroyed the tire and fender... had to be replaced after like 400 miles. Also, if this is the same bike - I thought he only got 70 mpg. Still love the bike though!

#25 ·
These choppers are built so low to the ground, that you can't lean with the bike at all - it will start scraping the ground immediately - very disfunctional bikes, they are purely for show. :cry:
I like the way they look, but what's the point if you can't really use them for real riding? :cry:
Chopper guys also don't use protective gear - another big negative point for them :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.