Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[RANT]
Someone pull the plug. This forum seems to be a vegetable. Whoever started it should have signed a DNR order. Maybe then "SV Doesn't Mean Silicon Valley" could rest in peace. Maybe it's the name. (WTF?) Who comes up with this stuff? It's like a ghost town here. The only people I've seen post here besides me don't even own an SV.
[/RANT]

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
Unfortunately, there are not many SV owners in this forum. There are not even very many sport bikers either. I hang out here at MJ because the Gixxer forums are too full of squids.

It really sucks that bikes like the SV1000 is not more popular. People are so obsessed with bench racing that they are often over looked. The best all around bike I have ever owned was my Super Hawk. (It actually came down to the Hawk and SV when I purchased it.) I love my Gixxer also, but I would rather the scumbag had stolen the Gixxer than my Hawk.

I guess we just need to figure out a way to attract more sport bikers, more standard riders.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, there are not many SV owners in this forum. There are not even very many sport bikers either. I hang out here at MJ because the Gixxer forums are too full of squids.

It really sucks that bikes like the SV1000 is not more popular. People are so obsessed with bench racing that they are often over looked. The best all around bike I have ever owned was my Super Hawk. (It actually came down to the Hawk and SV when I purchased it.) I love my Gixxer also, but I would rather the scumbag had stolen the Gixxer than my Hawk.

I guess we just need to figure out a way to attract more sport bikers, more standard riders.
Tell me about it. I like the layout of this forum and there is plenty of activity in other sections (like the M50 forum). I wish some of the guys from the other forums would start visiting this one. I also use the SV1000Portal forums (which aren't real popular but still alot more people than there is here) and SVRider forums (very popular and usually anywhere from 75-200 people viewing at any given time). SVRider is pretty cool but the majority of people there have 650's and information on the 1000 is a little harder to find. I can't believe how many people are satisfied with a 650cc V-2. A 600cc I-4 is probably almost twice the horsepower. If I bought an I-4, I could have went with a smaller displacement bike. The SV1000 is more closely matched to an I-4 750 like yours. I don't need the hp of a GSXR1000 but I did want something in the +100hp range. Where the SV1000 really excels is low to mid range torque. While a GSXR600 would probably be plenty of power for me, I know there's no way I would be satisfied with an SV650. BTW, do you have any pics of your bike posted here? I love GSXR's too and if I had something other than my SV, it would be either a 750 or 1000 GSXR.

·
2,758 Posts
Mine is stock except for the fender eliminator. The tires were new when the pic was taken, so please over look the chicken strips.

This is my Super Hawk that was stolen. This pic was taken at Deal's Gap.

·
2,758 Posts
The Hawk was the first V-twin sport bike I have ever owned. I loved that motor combined with that chassis. I am going to get me another V-twin. I am hooked on them now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean. It would be hard for me to ever get rid of my SV for an I-4. I would love to have a GSXR but I would have to just keep mine too. I love the amount of available torque with a twist of th wrist not to mention the way it sounds. Nice bike. I want the new Copper/Black GSXR1000. I just love the color and it's even better with black.

·
Registered
746 Posts
AWWW man I saw the gladius the other day. In my opinion I am serverly upset with the way suzuki did the sv. I like the S model but I love my naked. Speaking of my bike I just got home from a three day weekend at the tail of the dragon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a sv650.... an it gets over 100 mph quite easily it doesn't start to get sluggish untill about 115-120 from there in takes a lil to get up to max speed which is like 135.

But ofcourse i have full yosh racin exhaust an powercommander so can't really remember what it was like stock.

i just sold a 93 katana 600 yeah its older an heavier but the power delivery was so much different than the sv an not in a good way either. I am currently in the process of puttin together a 03' sv1000s. Mainly for the power increase, but i love the sv style an not everyother person you see has one either

·
Registered
128 Posts
been awhile, but i am am still here, kinda...............more on sv-portal, same name...............

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, no posts in over 3 months..................I guess you were right; the SV area is dead................

·
Registered
307 Posts
No need for a DNR form i suspect.

And i am another whom prefers low-end torque over all out horsepower, so i went and bought an RF900 which sacrificed a good 10-15hp at the top end compared to other bikes of its era in order to have a reasonably fat mid-range. Not as sweet as that as on a V2, but definitely no complaints from me about it.

Anyone here know forum cpr?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts