Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just picked up a brand new 1800c about 5 days ago. I will get some pics taken and post em up here pretty soon. It is sweet.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hope you get to ride your Dad's VTX. I ride with a friend who owns one that he had custom painted. Looks great, and runs fine! It has a unique rumble to it, even with the stock two into one system...

·
Registered
385 Posts

Funkmon said:
Eh. I have a 1300. In my opinion, a nicer bike than the 1800, though I sure wouldn't mind that monster.
The 1300 is a lot easier to handle,to buy,& to keep gas in. :bluethum:
My dealer sold lots of them ;) but still has an 02 1800 on the floor.
They also do the harley SOUND {potato,potato} better than the 1800.

JJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, it was really fast cuz it was black underneath that Brandywine and everybody knows black is the fastest :party6:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any VTX Onwers with aftermarket mirrors want to sell the stock one's for a reasonable price? I have a 2006 Suzuki M50 black and really like the looks of the VTX mirrors over my stockers. Please message me if you have a pair available. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another newbie

Here's another new VTXer. Got my new (2002) VTX 1800 Retro last month.
After a left turner without a turn signal (or a clue) taught me how to fly I missed 101 days of work recovering from a broken collarbone. Having plenty of free time on my hands I decided to shop around and decide on my next ride.
By the way, the accident totalled my 2006 C90T Boulevard. It was a sweet ride for about 11,000 miles.
After looking at 8 or 10 dealerships I had just about settled on getting an 1100-1300 cc range bike. Either Yamaha or Honda.
On the way home from Tyler one day I decided to stop by my closest dealership and just 'look in the window' a little. It was 5:45PM and I assumed they'd be closed. I guess they were waiting for me. After taking one look at the Red 1800 VTX I knew I was in love (again). They offered me a test ride
(which I jumped at) and needless to say I was blown away by its awesome power and accelleration. The price was in line with the 1100 - 1300s I'd been looking at so I made a deal to purchase the bike the next week.
When I went to pick up the bike the dealer said "Before we sign any papers
come in the shop, I've got something to show you." He had the Red VTX's twin sister in back being cleaned up. Same year model, same size only Illusion Blue and about 16,000 fewer miles on the odometer.
He made me a deal I couldn't refuse. When he calculated the price on the Blue one it was about $400 less than the Red one. Guess which one I'm riding now.
I'll try to post pics of it ASAP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not in the habit of talking to myself, but I just wanted to put a post script on my last thread. I have just installed the ultimate 'Geezer Option' on my VTX, a drivers backrest from Cruise N Comfort. What a relief for 'my aching back'. The highway pegs are super relaxing when you can lean back as you
ride. (And the price was 1/2 of what I paid for my last bike's backrest).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another newbie, 2-year X-rider though....

Interesting to see how many VTXOA names are here! Howdy gang!

See we're fewer in number in general on this board, but all the same, best damn cruisers around for the $$.

Later gators!
C'Dude

·
Registered
385 Posts
Old Thread

Man,I forgot about this thread.
Time passes and now there is no more VTX1800.
In a honda I prefer the Valkyrie.
Very happy with the Stratoliner.
Darkside on BOTH bikes !

JJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
VTX 1300S owner here. Bought the 1300 even though the 650 felt more natural after 30+ years of not riding. Figured I would have out grown the 650 in six months. Here I am two months later wondering if I shouldn't have bought the 1800...sigh!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts