Votes: 8 28.6%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? Thinking of swapping this:

For this:

Still debating whether to pre-order the S-10 and wait until May delivery, or hold off a year or two for someone to get tired of it & pick up a used one.

I'm buying it either way, it's just a matter of "when". I test rode one at the Int'l Motorcycle Show here in Dallas last week & it is an awesome bike, especially as I am planning on touring more. I wish I could keep both the M and the S-10.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
Looks like a pretty sweet steed. When to move up and to what is certainly a personal decision. If your set on getting one, you might as well. Paying retail sucks but it embeds a lot of pride when you've been with it from mile one and break it in properly.

NMc

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... it embeds a lot of pride when you've been with it from mile one and break it in properly.

NMc
Exactly what I did with the M, which is why I am having a hard time letting it go....I put 18k miles on it!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Looks like a pretty sweet steed. When to move up and to what is certainly a personal decision. If your set on getting one, you might as well. Paying retail sucks but it embeds a lot of pride when you've been with it from mile one and break it in properly.

NMc
:plus1:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think it will sell well. Compares to a touring BMW in some ways.

Personally I recommend you keep both after you buy the Yamaha.

The Yam will not ride like the Cruiser style of the M.
You won't feel tough or cool or like James Dean.
Bottom line boys is that some days you feel like a rough neck and you need that M between your legs.
Sometimes you can just ride long distance and not care.
Two completely different bikes.
Trust me, keep the M for those special days.
Always ask yourself the question, will I go out into the garage to wax and clean the yammie?

·
1,477 Posts
People ride for mainly two reasons: for themselves and for others' view of themselves, or so I've been told. I do think the M looks pretty tough though.

NMc

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
People ride for mainly two reasons: for themselves and for others' view of themselves, or so I've been told. I do think the M looks pretty tough though.

NMc
I think the word would be "Posers". I agree with you, compared to most bikes the M50 does look tough.

·
1,477 Posts
I think the word would be "Posers".
Ha! I downloaded an app to my phone called "rate my bike" or something like that and up loaded a few pics of my M. I have been posting on the pages of everybody who has uploaded a pic of somebody else's bike that they are a poser. Seriously many of these guys are putting up press release pics.

NMc

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it will sell well. Compares to a touring BMW in some ways.

Personally I recommend you keep both after you buy the Yamaha.

The Yam will not ride like the Cruiser style of the M.
You won't feel tough or cool or like James Dean.
Bottom line boys is that some days you feel like a rough neck and you need that M between your legs.
Sometimes you can just ride long distance and not care.
Two completely different bikes.
Trust me, keep the M for those special days.
Always ask yourself the question, will I go out into the garage to wax and clean the yammie?
True, but I can't afford to keep both bikes...the S-Ten is about 13k. The only option would be to wait a couple of years & pick up a used one, then maybe I could keep both.

I do hear what you're saying though...two very different bikes...

·
1,477 Posts
I don't see any thing wrong with being proud of something you have worked to make aesthetically pleasing so many people believe in go vs show. But there is no reason one machine couldn't be both.

As for the M vs the S- Ten thing, it realy depends on what kind of riding you want to do. Changing from a Suzuki Sidekick to the M I became realy bummed when the road ended and the trail started and I could go no further. But my Sidekick was never this fun on pavement. Everything is a small trade off. Where you make those trade offs depends again on how you want to use it.

The market is flooded and dealers are making deals, intrest rates are way down, this could be an opportunity to move up cheaply. I have a personal rule against buying anything first year only because the bugs still need some working out to be done. Since this bike has been around a while elsewhere it's not likely to be much of a problem, but aftermarket parts may take a while.

NMc

·
1,477 Posts
A guy I know bought a brand new 100+ hp Suzuki B-King for about what I paid for my used M. He promptly installed a bat wing fairing, bags and a seat and now uses it as long distance adventure bike. I think its god awful ugly but it's hard to disagree with a cheaply bought super bike. But he also uses his bike differently than I do, less daily commuting more month long touring. Again it's about priorities, YOUR priorities.

NMc

·
1,477 Posts
I've been checking out pics of the Triumph Thunderbird. It looks like such a cool bike. I should save my pennies though. I'm hoping to get a snowmobile, and a truck to haul it with, you know, priorities.

NMc

·
Registered
435 Posts
great bike, I have been looking at them too ... I would definitely get the Tenere, but I would wait till spring to sell your bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.