Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it people, the 2012 riding season is officially over for me here in Northern Utah. We had a great year on the Vision logging in a little over 13,500 miles. The beauty of Utah and all surrounding states is second to none. Next season we plan on riding all Southern Canyons and the Grand Canyon. Hope you all enjoyed the shows throughout the year, many more to come in the future.
Music is a mash-up of various artist: The Beatles - The Cure - Michael Jackson
James Brown - Led Zeppelin - Coldplay - Robert Palmer - Queen

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ahhhh Southern Utah and the desert SW,it draws me back time and time again.
It's been a while and I'm Jones'n for a ride so I may head there soon myself,a job loss in '09 put a hurt on my touring but we're on the rebound now,the old H-D is at 172,000 miles but she'll still get there and back till I can afford a new one.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I think you could put a bit more on the back of the bike :) How long was the trip? Nice pictures.
Pics are from several trips and a couple bikes,been touring for decades.

Longest trip so far was two up with the wife, we did 8000 miles in 14 days.
Yeah we load 'er down sometimes with camping gear and lots of girl stuff for the OL ya know lol.

We have a 9'X9' tent and a queen pillowtop air mattress with electric inflator and pillows etc etc.
Pretty cush setup.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As I get older a cush set up is becoming more and more the only way to go. I am a convert to hammocks. No poles necessary. Find two trees or posts. They can be had with rainflies and bug nets. Hennessey makes good ones. They also eliminate the bulk of a sleeping pad or mattress. I sleep much better too.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
As I get older a cush set up is becoming more and more the only way to go. I am a convert to hammocks. No poles necessary. Find two trees or posts. They can be had with rainflies and bug nets. Hennessey makes good ones. They also eliminate the bulk of a sleeping pad or mattress. I sleep much better too.
Hell I'm closer to 60 than I am 50,not get'n any younger that's for sure.
Last couple trips we just motel'd it everywhere we went lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts