Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have compassion on me and don't eat me alive for this....I have a red Suzuki intruder 98. I filled it with too much oil (ok laugh now it was a 2 liters overfull.)smoked my way home engine sounds like it was drowning. Ok bad bad mistake. Getting past that, i removed the oil and its filled 1/2 way. Now when engine is on, leak by tail pipe only (the left side not both) pours out, smells like a gas oil combo so gas is definitely in the exhaust . When bike is off small drips but eventually stops of course. Did I bust a head gasket or seal and how can you tell which one is the culprit. What goes into doing this job, is it doable fairly easily in a good Sunday afternoon, is it out of control take it to a mechanic type thing.... and am I screwed?.. And no I won't be doing it myself...I have help who wasn't around when I thought it needed oil and more and more oil, oh gawd! I feel so dumbhow much ya think something like this will costs. umm I rather not be in the position to spend so much I should consider getting other one type situation either , they usually run used 2,000I love my bike lots it looks cool and I can turn right on it ( lol!) Your recommendations please

·
Registered
70 Posts
Because you had so much oil in the engine it most likeley got to the combustion cambers and also the air filter box and the exhaust... clean the air box replace the filters and add new spark plugs, if you take bike for a good long run the oil in the muffler system will eventually burn off. good luck Aslana...:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts