Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am looking at the infamous michelin pilots for my gsxr 1000. i want to ride with more confidence in my canyon riding and would like a tire that has great handling and some comfort. i see they have pilotpowers, streets, 2cts and other things can someone shine a light from what i want... THanks

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
I swear by the Pilot Powers 2ct. They have great characteristics and the 2ct has surprisingly good wear. There is a review of some tires in the current issue of Sport Rider and the Pilot Powers are one of them. I can't find it on their website though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
:plus1:

Pilot Power 2CT is the best sportbike tire there is. Lifelength has a lot to do with what kind of riding you do, and also what kind of tarmac you're running on. I live in Norway and made 8000km on my rear tire, and that's very good for a bike like this, and a tire like that. I do trackdays on them too, so 8000km is pretty good I think :)

2CT is harder in the middle, and softer in the edges.

And of course, they look pretty darn good :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
So i am looking at the infamous michelin pilots for my gsxr 1000. i want to ride with more confidence in my canyon riding and would like a tire that has great handling and some comfort. i see they have pilotpowers, streets, 2cts and other things can someone shine a light from what i want... THanks
I have a set of 2 ct's on my bike. My second set. To be honest though...my old dunlops worked just as well. i know the 2 ct's are to grab..but so did my dunlops. i get the 2cts for less money now so i keep getting them.

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
I have a set of 2 ct's on my bike. My second set. To be honest though...my old dunlops worked just as well. i know the 2 ct's are to grab..but so did my dunlops. i get the 2cts for less money now so i keep getting them.
The Dunlops are good too. I have gotten a lot more mileage out of the 2CT's as I ride the bike to work and school as well as do some touring on it. The center lasts a lot longer on the rear. (Of course this is all relative as they still won't last near as long as a sport touring tire.)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've got pirelli diablo corsicas.. i've ridden about 3k miles on them, man these things are STICKY. great tires IMO. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Theyre not too worn actually.. i drive a lot of highway miles on them though, 90 miles a day round trip to work.. but i take some twisties to keep them rounded whenever I can.. but they're holding up real well.. i'd say i'm going to get 8-10k out of them.. i don't do burnouts or anything on them either though

·
Registered
608 Posts
Right now I have the 2CTs on the old gixxer, which replaced the regular Pilot Powers.
I put about 7000 street miles on them, and 6 trackdays/open practices. On the street the regular Powers should take anything outside of stupidity you can throw at them.
The 2CTs have the same compound in ths middle, so I would expect them to last as long on the street.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was into the michelin but my pocket took me to the bridgestones... I got the bt 002 and they are lovely!!!! they hold and stick great... i have bt 002 in the front and bt 016 in the back.. the reason for that is it has a triple compound. hard medium and soft so i can get the wear i need... the bt 002 is a very nice tire for holding the turn medium/soft. more to come as i break them in.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tires is what's keep the day up 'n up, and your bike too. Tires are the most important thing on your bike, yeah really.
What about them green papers.. ? :ban::mrgreen:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah gixxerman i know tires are the most important but i am not going to do a 51.4 degree lean lol "esp. on the road". bridgestone had a triple compound rather than michelin double compound and generally i can/get decent miles out of bridgestone so i just upgraded the tire rather than replace the whole formula.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 5 bikes and ride them all in the canyon, all my bikes have Bridge-stone BT-023 they stick really well in the curves. especially on the Hayabusa. I only run 190 in the rear 120 front get the set for $238.00 E-Bay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts