Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love with the shape and sound of a TL1000R BUT I only have experience off road, have done my theory and CBT, and have my direct access in two weeks. Question is - is this bike an advisable bike for me as a first time road rider. I am 6'3" 15 stone, so don't want a small bike, and only want it for a Sunday ride for an hour or so, not for commuting or anything. HOpe somebody can help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your height doesnt have as much to do with the displacement of the engine. A 600 katana will be more comfy than a gsxr 1000 because of peg, seat and handle bar height. That 1000tlr is a torquey heavy machine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome Richi, I don't advise the TLR as a first bike. As has been said before that bike has a lot torque. I am also a new rider and I'm glad that I made many of my mistakes on my first bike, a Kawi 750. It is a lot calmer than my gixxer and helped me get into the basics of just plain riding. Near the end of my first season I got the gixxer and I haven't laid it down or crashed. I did have to learn to keep both weels down though. I believe what some people say that most everyone will go down sooner or later so why not do it on a beater rather than your pride and joy. After you get the basics of road driving move on up!
G-

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Get a katana for your first sport bike if thats the kind of bike you want. But first time on the street?? I'd highly advise against it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buy it. I'm 6'2", 185 and I was looking for a first time bike to ride off and on ( I ride offroad too). My buddy was trying to offload his TL1000S he's got worked up to be a serious track bike and I bought it, it's a freaking rocket. Buy something smaller and you'll regret you didn't go big once you get comfortable. I hear the argument against bigger bikes all the time. Here's a tip, just don't roll on the throttle so much and you'll go slower. Get the 1000. When some guy pulls up next to you on a 600 or 750 you can admire his "sensible" bike in your mirror as you waste him.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
TL1000S said:
Get the 1000. When some guy pulls up next to you on a 600 or 750 you can admire his "sensible" bike in your mirror as you waste him.
If that's why you want to ride, becuase you have something to prove, trouble will find you... :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm trying to trace some history on this TL1000R K1 I've recently purchased Reg No: CA52 JNU. It's only done 5251 miles from new and I would like to know of any of the previous owners and service history, where it was first originally purchased and by who as it didn't come with the service history book. If anyone out there in the UK can help it would make me very happy. Thank you all :)

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm trying to trace some history on this TL1000R K1 I've recently purchased
Why do you care ?
I doubt that the DMV will give you any information given the registration number.
But a dealer might be able to tell you something given the VIN number.
Where/who did you get it FROM ??

I strongly suspect that this will be a waste of your time and effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts